Job title: Senior Tax Manager – Public Accounting – Estate and Trust Tax
Company: Southwest Accounting Resources, Inc
Job description: Growing CPA firm in Scottsdale, Arizona is looking to add a Senior Tax Manager focusing on Estate and Trust Tax to their staff.
- Assist with wealth preservation, estate and gift tax planning, retirement plan distributions, charitable giving techniques, gifting limitations, transfer tax equivalent credits, generational skipping-transfers, split gifting, spousal trusts, and education and medical gifting.
- Review and sign tax returns, and manage projects associated with individuals, partnerships, and S corporations.
- Provide tax planning and consulting to individuals and businesses.
- Tax planning and preparation of fiduciary income tax returns.
- Research and manage complex tax matters.
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff, seniors, and supervisors.
- Act as a technical resource and mentor.
- Build and develop new business.
- Maintain and nurture existing client relationships.
- Develop and network with referral sources.
- Consult with clients gathering information, resolving problems, and recommending solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance Required, Masters in Tax a plus
- 10+ years of tax experience in public accounting.
- Active CPA license.
- Management experience in public accounting firm.
- Ability to work as part of a client service team with staff, managers, and partners.
- Self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within deadline constraints.
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity, trustworthiness, and cooperative attitude.
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.