Job title: Service Desk Professional
Company: Moseley Technical Services
Job description: Check out this new opportunity!
Service Desk Professional
Job ID # 2022-16621
Location: Sterling Heights Complex, MI
Industry: Aerospace & Defense
Minimum Education: High School Diploma/GED
Minimum Experience: 1 Year
What You’ll Do:
- Provide technical help for users at the company.
- Provide Tier 1 support by answering phone calls from users experiencing IT issues, documenting user issues in a ticketing system and performing low level troubleshooting.
- Provide technical care for any aspect of information systems, including system hardware, operating systems, applications and networks.
- Work closely with various IT functional groups to resolve IT related issues.
- Serve as a single point of contact for any system-related issue.
- Provide 24x7x365 support, which means work schedules will include weekends, holidays, late nights, potential for on-call, split shifts, last minute coverage, and will rotate on a routine basis. (for example quarterly)
- Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email, chat and all operational contact types to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Build rapport and gather problem details from service desk customers.
- Use Service Desk scripts and other knowledge articles to gather appropriate data and guide users through resolution instructions.
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes.
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician, when required.
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident within the Service Desk application.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Work with end user to test fixes to ensure an incident has been adequately resolved.
- Contribute to technician knowledge base as needed.
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
What You’ll Need:
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including desktops and laptops
- 1 -3 year’s experience working in an IT help desk call center or equivalent support function
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Fluent English
- Very high level of dependability and punctuality required
- Primary function is answering telephone calls, typing and using a PC (keyboard, mouse, and monitor)
- Able to follow a script in communicating and interacting with callers
- Personal Attributes:
- Ability to work various shifts
- Ability to stay calm and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Polite and courteous
- Multi-tasking (listening, comprehending, talk, type, accessing multiple screens)*
- Dexterity with hands as well as efficiency in typing and using a PC*
- Wearing a headset all day*
- Ability to remain at workstation for long periods of time*
- Must be 18 years of age or older
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED combined with 1 + year of relevant work experience. Associate’s Degree in Information Technology preferred but not required.
What to Expect:
- Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
- Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
For questions about benefits visit:
For more information about Moseley visit:
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Job date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 22:24:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!