Job title: Single Family Portfolio Management Fair Lending, Compliance and Operational Risk Professional (Hybrid Work Schedule)
Company: Freddie Mac
Job description: At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
The Single Family Portfolio Management (SFPM) Business Management and Operational Risk team is seeking a Fair Lending, Compliance and Operational Risk Professional to join the team. The person hired into this role will be assisting in the development of a Fair Lending oversight program and working to ensure businesses are complying with policies and standards as it relates to fair lending and compliance.
**This position is a hybrid work schedule, requiring 2 days in the office and 3 days remote**
The SFPM Business Management and Operational Risk team supports the Division Risk Officer (DRO) to ensure compliance with corporate policies and standards and by supporting department leadership in the drive and execution of strategy and objectives to help ensure efficient and effective execution of processes and controls.
- The SFPM Business Management and Operational Risk fair lending and compliance professional will be a key member of the Freddie Mac SFPM team developing guidance and interpretation on fair lending/compliance issues; assisting in the buildout of a comprehensive SFPM framework and assisting in the develop reporting and solutions for ensuring compliance with all Standards, Policies and Procedures related to Compliance with applicable laws and regulations, as follows, but not limited to:
- The proactive development and maintenance of effective SFPM fair lending and compliance oversight.
- Support creation and execution of SF Fair Lending and compliance procedures and actively mitigate fair lending and compliance risk, based on extensive knowledge.
- The ability to work on a variety of deliverables of diverse scope effectively and efficiently.
- The ability to collaborate effectively across internal clients.
- 2-4 years of related educational or work experience in operational risk, compliance, or fair lending
- Work independently after direction and collaborate effectively
- Ability to identify potential fair lending impacts of business policies and practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Self-starter / bold problem solver: demonstrate ambition to solve new challenges with growing responsibility
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to build partnerships across stakeholders
- Be flexible and adaptable
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Ability to build upon prior knowledge
- Team oriented
- Strong work ethic in a fast paced environment!
- Partnership – Work effectively across teams to achieve both company and customer objectives
- Drive for Execution – Focus on results rather than the appearance of results
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit and register with our referral code: MAC.
Freddie Mac provides anticipated base salary ranges where required by law.
Location: McLean, VA
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 06:49:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!