Job title: Site Quality Control Manager – Civil – Utah
Company: Black & Veatch
Job description: At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life’s critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help you give us your best, and together we can build a world of difference.
Company : Black & Veatch Quality Control
Req Id : 77562
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
By joining our BV Construction group, you will have the ability to develop and enhance your skills in an on-site, hands-on environment. We are committed to providing our construction professionals with expert training, career development, and career advancement to allow for continuous professional development. Our management is committed to the latest advances in technology, above class support and sustainability to bring our clients the best service in safety, quality, and final product. Functions in our group include safety, project field management, construction management, quality control, start up and decommissioning and field engineering
Implement and maintain the project quality plans and procedures. Act as an interface between project sites, procurement inspections, corporate offices, and clients. Responsible for the management of Field QC staff on assigned project Sites.
- Establishes implements and maintains site quality program
- Coordinates with engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, regulatory representatives and field to ensure that work is done correctly .
- Assures work on-site meets applicable codes and specifications .
- Develops and administers site specific Quality Programs .
- Surveillance/Audits of site Contractor Quality Control Programs .
- Responsible in all aspects of welder qualification on-site testing .
- Responsible for issuance, control and coordination of Post Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) and Non Destructive Examination (NDE) contacts .
- Establishes inspection plan and track inspections/actions identified .
- Approves site testing such as soils testing, concrete placement and grout breaks, hydro tests, and NDE testing and verify tests are properly documented .
- Reviews and controls documentation for the certification of construction equipment and testing equipment .
- Reviews turnover packages prior to handoff to Startup .
- Assists in the coordination of punchlist walkdowns/inspections; establishes and manages the punchlist .
- Collating Quality Control documentation for final handover to Owner .
- Interfaces with clients and government officials .
- Develops and implements quality programs that assist projects and division to meet company and division quality goals and expectations .
- May act as Quality Consultant for internal and external clients .
- May act as temporary project fill-in for lower level quality professionals .
- Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports .
- Acts as mentor to other quality professionals . Implements Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and adheres to Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, and Guidelines .
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements .
- Supervises work of others
- Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates including other site QC inspectors and site QC representatives (technicians, specialists)
Experience: 5+ years as Superintendent with degree, or 8+ years without.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- High School Diploma or geographical equivalent qualification preferred
- 4 year degree in Engineering, Quality, Business or geographical equivalent qualification in a related discipline is desired
- Preferred Skills: . Knowledge of National and/or International Rules and Regulatory Requirements . Knowledge of Quality Management Systems . Knowledge of project budget process and tools . Knowledge of department budget process and tools . Knowledge of Project controls . Risk assessment/management . Administrative policies and procedures . Construction Project Management Systems . Conceptual planning ability . Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration . Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials . Communication skills . Ability to effectively manage emergency situations . Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs . Ability to write detailed reports . Human Relations skills . Conflict Management skills . Leadership skills (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising) . Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work) . Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve) . Project management skills . Time reporting systems . Expense reporting policies and procedures
Certification in discipline (e.g.: American Welding Society (AWS), Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), Institute for Supply Management (ISM)) or relevant geographical equivalent certification is desired.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, Move, and Walk long distances in and around confined, cluttered places, and uneven areas.
- See and hear naturally or with correction.
- Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with requirements of the job duties.
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls according to a set procedure.
- Requires repetitive movement.
- May require work above 5 feet in height.
- Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
- Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
- Typical construction site environment:
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32F degrees) temperatures and exposure to inclement weather such as dust, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting conditions
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
- Work around hazardous equipment.
- Typical office environment.
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
CNS: Construction Services
Black & Veatch endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our . This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company’s long-term achievements – and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click . If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click and .
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
Location: Delta, UT
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 06:52:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!