Job title: SLP – Education & Training Specialist
Company: Kiwanis International
Job description: The Kiwanis Youth Programs goal and responsibility is to increase both the value and membership base of all Kiwanis Youth Programs/Service Leadership Programs (KYP/SLP). This position works specifically to develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate training and education projects that provide increased value to club memberships. Additionally, this position provides collaborative support to develop and kickstart new initiatives, campaigns and projects that increase the growth of memberships across all club lines.
Online Education and Training
- Serve as a primary staff for coordination, implementation, and technical support of online training and education initiatives. These projects currently include In-person and Virtual Key Leader, Global Leadership Certificate, Advisor Trainings, and other SLP trainings on the LMS. Other projects may be developed in the future.
- Provide project coordination, logistical oversight, and administrative support to sustain high quality and dynamic program activities.
- Respond to phone calls and emails.
- Assist in planning, implementing, and facilitating educational opportunities.
- Assist with planning and publishing communications, materials, and educational content.
Special Projects Support
- Brainstorm and collaborate on new projects to grow memberships and provide value to current members.
- Support marketing and promotional campaigns for new and existing projects.
Key Leader Support
- Work closely with the Key Leader program to support the education and training objectives for In- person and Virtual Key Leader events.
- Assist in preparing materials and managing logistics for in person Key Leader events.
- Review, input and track all Key Leader evaluations. Provide semi- annual reports on evaluation data and findings.
- Participate in staff meetings and daily huddles
- Work directly with the team manager to identify and resolve departmental issues
- Participate in cross-functional teams within the department and Kiwanis International.
- Attend and play a role in department events, programs, and conferences.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, non-profit leadership, communications, or equivalent degree
- 3 or more years in program development and project management
- Independent oriented person to finish assignments
- Capable of maintaining positive working relationships
- Experience in a collaborative environment as a member of a team
- Development and delivery of presentations
- Conflict management
- Experience working in a multitask environment with emphasis on prioritizing and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Crowd Wisdom or other Learning Management Systems,
- Experience using Articulate 360 to develop online courses
- Skill to use a personal computer and Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Microsoft Outlook– utilization of email, calendar and management tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects from inception to completion.
- Ability to apply research to practice.
- Experience working with volunteers, both adult and youth
- Kiwanis Family or service club experience a plus
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems
- Multilingual a plus
- Experience in youth programs or working with youth in a training environment a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS/OTHER INFORMATION:
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends for special program events.
- Some travel required (approximately 10% of time)
- Available to work remotely and in the office when required
- Required to use a desktop or laptop PC regularly
- Required to lift boxes and stand/sit for long periods at events
- Required to participate in youth events with lots of activity and movement
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 07:50:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!