Job title: Software Development Engineer II, Physical Stores Advertising
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Locations available for this position are New York City, Seattle, Arlington, and Toronto.
What is Amazon’s Advertising business like?
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class Advertising business where we run relevant display ads on key locations across our Retail website, Retail Mobile Shopping Apps, Devices, Third Party websites, Third Party Mobile Apps and Physical Stores. The goal of our Advertising program is to drive brand awareness, product discovery and product sales both online, offline and physical store channels.
What is your team responsible for?
Our team is responsible for full-stack implementation and integration of new advertising products, which power the ad content, targeting, and attribution across our advertising network with physical stores. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape our advertising technologies, products and business. Our products include web tools (used by marketing managers – both internal and external) and web services (used by developers within advertising) to implement unique experiences for physical store shoppers and advertisers .
If I were hired, what would I be working on?
Why should I join your team?
Are you interested in building a green field product opportunity within Amazon Advertising? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers every day? If you are a self-starter, enjoy designing large scale distributed and orchestration systems, and are intrigued by ambiguous problems, this is a unique and rare opportunity to build a new initiative from scratch with some of the best full-stack engineers at Amazon. We pioneer the usage of modern full-stack technologies at Amazon scale. Join today and you will transform how customers discover and shop at physical stores!
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Experience across multiple disciplines – web, services, cloud based distributed systems, big data
- Experience architecting full-stack web applications using Java, C# or other OOP languages
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, databases, and automated test frameworks and libraries (e.g. JUnit, Mockito, Selenium)
- Experience with AWS technologies (S3, DynamoDB, EMR)
- Demonstrated ability for being detail-oriented, self-motivated and driving follow-through on projects
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with sharp analytical abilities and design skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 06:58:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!