Job title: Software Engineering Lead (Executive Director) – Digital Content
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: Job Description:
As a senior Engineering leader in the Content Creation and Collaboration product area, you will combine your years of proven expertise in delivering quality software solutions for our employees and customers using industry best practices. Partnering with your Product Management counterpart, you will engineer solutions that will enable our employees to seamlessly create and share content amongst each other and with our external clients.
You will lead teams of talented software and infrastructure engineers who have a combination of technical expertise and domain knowledge. You will own strategic platforms leveraged by the entire firm and will be responsible for designing and delivering multi-year visionary goals in the digital content space. You will have an opportunity to build solutions using our private cloud as well as leverage the power of the public cloud. The position brings end-to-end ownership, accountability and autonomy to make key strategy and execution decisions for your area.
This role requires a variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Applies strong modern cloud based patterns and software development practices in building and deploying solutions
- Strong understanding of authentication, entitlements and security constructs and architectures
- Understanding of data architectures and big data / AI concepts
- Active in leading code reviews, design sessions, group problem solving and architecture reviews
- Works in agile constructs throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
- Collaborate with Product and UX team on backlog, roadmaps, and feature brainstorming
- Coach other engineers on agile development practices
- Capable of leading multiple software feature teams and or complex projects from idea to successful execution
- Builds an environment for teams to build new skills, ideate and advance in their careers
- Provide visibility into the team’s impact to senior leadership
- Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout a large organization and influencing teams and partners to achieve common goals
Experience & Qualifications
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of combined technical and leadership experience
- Experience in developing cloud native micro-services
- Experience in CI/CD, Jenkins pipelines
- Experience in source code management using GIT, Bitbucket
- Agile experience using Scrum/Kanban methodologies and JIRA/Confluence
- Experience of human-centered service design techniques and working with a large diverse user community
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Experience of Pivotal Cloud Foundry and cloud computing concepts
- Experience in content/document management platforms a plus
- Experience with leading agile teams on projects from idea to successful execution
- People management and/or coaching experience
- Strong communication, analytical and team working skills
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
The Collaboration and Communication Product Line at JP Morgan Chase is responsible for the engineering, developing and supporting enterprise-wide solutions that allow our global workforce of over 250K+ employees to effectively collaborate and communicate internally and with our global client base. Our products drive the productivity for our global customer base and are the heartbeat of the firm.
Our global scale, variety of businesses and video first culture presents a great opportunity to drive the innovation that will continue to fundamentally transform the way we work. Our customers come from all walks of life; this also hold true for us. We value diverse teams, not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because we believe that it makes us stronger.
As a member of the team, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through teamwork, innovation, product development & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development and platform engineering lifecycle, working in agile product teams and partnering with stakeholders to stay focused on common goals aligned to our employees and customers. The sky is the limit: We expect you to push product boundaries and explore areas including AI/ML, serverless computing, mobile, and big data technologies to achieve our goals.
We have a people-oriented culture embracing the power of user experience, experimentation, learning and continuous improvement. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers and our team.
About Us: JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team: Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
High Risk Roles (HRR) are sensitive roles within the technology organization that require high assurance of the integrity of staff by virtue of 1) sensitive cybersecurity and technology functions they perform within systems or 2) information they receive regarding sensitive cybersecurity or technology matters. Users in these roles are subject to enhanced pre-hire screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks (as allowed by law). The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 02:43:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!