Job title: Software Engineering Manager
Job description: Do you thrive in organizations transforming product quality ? Do you love working in highly dynamic, cross functional spaces? Intel Corporate Quality Network (CQN), Software Quality and Business Analytics organization is seeking a strong Software (SW) Engineering Manager with technical expertise and experience working across geographically dispersed teams. You are an independent leader who can make decisions and set program direction, while demonstrating tremendous empathy and savvy in bringing people together to get things done. You are crisp and comfortable communicating with partners and senior executives.
You will manage a team of software professionals including but not limited to engineers, architects, program managers who are responsible for delivering results over many areas of the software lifecycle: delivering results over many areas of the software lifecycle. Develop and Deploy upstream product quality improvements. Responsible for software product qualification, collecting and analyzing product metrics including customer reported issues. SW scope includes systems software, firmware, development tools for Internet of Things – (IOTG). Might be required to provide architectural and technical guidance, debugging customer reported issues, and ensuring sound engineering practices are followed. Candidate will lead integration of new acquisitions into Intel Quality Processes and extend quality support to internal developed tools. Provide direction, establish challenging goals for the team, anticipate and remove roadblocks.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Expertise in motivating employees and building high performing teams.
- Leadership skills to influence diverse stakeholders including senior leaders within and across the organization
- Good presentation and communication skills with willingness to up level data and issues to senior management
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Qualifications listed as preferred or additional will be considered a plus factor for applicants. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline with 9+ years relevant experience managing SW development, Validation, or SW Qualification teams and hands-on technical expertise in SW/firmware (FW) development and driving quality improvements with broad understanding across SW stack.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline with 6+ years relevant experience managing SW development, Validation, or SW Qualification teams and Hands-on technical expertise in SW/firmware (FW) development and driving quality improvements with broad understanding across SW stack.
- Experience in product qualification and product quality improvements using data analytics and industry best practices (example, requirements and code quality)
- Good technical knowledge about the various tools used in the development lifecycle ranging from Requirement Management, Configuration Management, Build Integration to Release Management (example, PowerBI, JIRA)
- Detailed understanding of statistical data analysis, and commonality assessment.
- Working knowledge of quality standards, frameworks (example, CMMI, ISO 9000)
Inside this Business Group
As the world’s largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art — from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Work Model for this Role
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site.
USExperienced HireJR0229343PhoenixTechnology and Manufacturing
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 03:26:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!