Job title: Software Engineering Manager
Company: Qurate Retail Group
Job description: Job Description Details
Candidates who apply will be considered for multiple open opportunities across our Commerce, Shopping Services, and Shopping Experience teams.
Our Zulily corporate headquarters is in Seattle, WA, and this position is available for remote work in the following states: WA, OH, NV, PA, TX, FL, NJ, GA, and NC.
At Zulily, technology brings Mom’s experiences to life. As a Software Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of builders to solve unique and exciting problems. Software Engineering Managers are the technical experts, and they are responsible for hiring, managing, mentoring, and growing teams of software engineers and have a passion to build. They work with product and program managers to translate product visions, business cases, and user experiences into technical requirements, scope development effort, and assign resources to execute against the prioritized product roadmaps. Engineering Managers are responsible for the overall quality of the code both new and existing and ensure their teams have the tools they need to be successful. They are the architects for their space and collaborate on cross team designs with other engineering teams and business units to ensure a unified platform that scales and supports company growth.
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of software engineers at varying levels.
- Identify the skills that team members need for each development project and recruit team members.
- Participate in design efforts and discussions with fellow software engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders in departments such as marketing, vendor operations, merchandising, and finance.
- Ensure standards and quality of the deliverables.
- Collaborate across business teams (stakeholders), discussing software requirements with product managers, and stakeholders in other areas of the business, including finance, tax, merchandising, marketing, and fulfillment operations.
- Partner with product managers to create roadmaps for delivery, track and measure progress on roadmaps and hold teams accountable to deadlines.
- Discover areas for continuous improvement within both our systems and teams.
What You Bring:
- 7+ years experience in large-scale system architecture.
- 3+ years experience in leading high-performing teams.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Agile project management skills and experience.
- Knowledge of databases (prefer SQL and NoSQL).
- Experience with Cloud (AWS and GCP preferred).
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit . zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop — beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores — and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit .
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 03:26:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!