Job title: Special Education Aide
Company: Abernathy Independent School District
Job description: Inclusion support
Push into multiple classes for content support
Job Title: Special Education Inclusion Aide Exemption Status/Test: Nonexempt
Reports to: Principal and teacher(s) Date Revised: November 2017
Dept./School: Assigned Campus
Help meet instructional needs of special education students in an inclusion setting within a general education classroom. Assist in preparation and implementation of classroom and instructional activities. Work under general supervision of principal and immediate direction of a certified teacher.
Associate’s degree, two years of study at an institution of higher learning, or have met formal academic assessment as required by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
Valid Texas educational aide certificate
Ability to work well with children, including children with special needs
Ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Ability to communicate effectively
Knowledge of general office equipment
Some experience working with children preferred but not required
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Instructional Support * Help teacher prepare instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Help maintain a neat and orderly classroom.
- Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
Student Management * Help manage behavior of students. This includes intervening in crisis situations and restraining disruptive or dangerous students as needed.
- Recognize differences in each student’s special academic needs and adapt methods and interaction accordingly.
- Work with individual students or small groups to conduct instructional exercises assigned by teacher.
- Help supervise students throughout the school day, inside and outside the classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty as assigned.
- Keep teacher informed of special needs or concerns of individual students.
Other * Maintain confidentiality.
- Participate in staff development training programs, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned.
- Participate in faculty meetings and special events as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment; other specialized and adaptive equipment used by students
Posture: Moderate standing; kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Moderate walking
Lifting: Moderate light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
Environment: Work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather); exposure to noise; exposure to biological hazards (bacteria, communicable diseases).
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Reviewed by Date
Received by Date
Job Title : Special Education Aide
Primary Location : High School
Salary Range : $14,060.00 – $22,990.00 / Per Year
Shift Type : Full-Time
Expected salary: $14060 – 22990 per year
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 01:22:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!