Job title: Special Education Paraprofessional
Company: Bellefaire JCB
Job description: Now offering $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Monarch Center for Autism at Bellefaire JCB is looking for full-time Paraprofessional to work at Monarch School, which serves students ages 3 through 21 with Autism Spectrum Disorder. This person should be caring, creative and passionate about making a difference in the lives of children.
Position Overview: The Paraprofessional will work within an interdisciplinary team that includes an Intervention Specialist, Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Behavior Specialists, Art Therapists, Music Therapist, Recreational Therapist, Horticulture Therapist, and additional Associate Teachers. Classroom teams are intentionally small, so students can receive one-on-one and small group instruction, within the confines of Monarch’s visual language immersion teaching Model. The Model combines concept-driven language instruction with visual supports, technology and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
This is a great position for those looking to gain experience in careers such as special education, occupational therapy, speech therapy, behavior analysis, and more!
- Assisting in the teaching and behavior management of the classroom
- Helping to develop and implement lesson plans and curriculum that align with IEP and/or ISP goals and objectives
- Helping to develop instructional materials including visual supports
- Helping to plan and organize daily activities to optimize treatment
- Taking data and contributing to clinical records and documentation
- Caring for students in a variety of settings and capacities
- Collaborating with interdisciplinary team members
- Attending staff meetings and training sessions
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Psychology, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Special Education, etc.) or related experience
- Experience working with children with autism helpful, but will train.
- Passion for helping others and making an impact in the lives of students with autism
- $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!
- Generous holiday, sick and personal day policies
- Summer break
- Medical, vision and dental insurance (Domestic Partner Benefits)
- Defined benefit pension 403(b) plan
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- Training and professional development
- Staff appreciation program
- Strong interdisciplinary team, open communication, and a kind and supportive staff
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Shaker Heights, OH
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 04:51:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!