Job title: Special Education Paraprofessional
Company: Independent School District 318
Job description: This posting will be used to fill anticipated openings during the 2021-22 School Year at Greenway High School. Schedule and duties may vary.
TITLE: Paraprofessional– Special Education
1. Minimum of 60 semester credits or the amount required to complete two years of full time enrollment as determined by the institution; or an AA, AS, AAS degree; or passing score on the Para-professional test
2. Aptitude for the work to be performed
3. Interest in children and education
4. Desire to assist students with various special needs in a learning environment
5. Emotional maturity and stability necessary for the specialized work involved
6. Ability to manage student behavior
7. Basic technology skills (e-mail, word processing, and spread sheets)
8. Male Preferred
REPORTS TO: Principal, Special Education Teacher(s), and General Education Teacher(s)
JOB GOAL: To assist, support, and work closely with teachers, administrators, and other team members in providing educational benefit for students.
1. Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and/or outlined by certified staff.
2. Assists the certified staff in devising special strategies for reinforcing learning materials and skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
3. Monitors work, corrects papers, and supervises curriculum-based testing and makeup work as assigned by the certified staff.
4. Serves as the chief source of information and help to any guest teacher assigned in the absence of the regular certified staff.
5. Performs clerical, classroom maintenance, and instructional duties as assigned by the certified staff.
6. Alerts the certified staff to any problem or special information about an individual student.
7. Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods, play periods, rest periods, and on field trips.
8. Performs assigned non-instructional classroom duties, such as snack time, toileting, and clothing routines.
9. When requested, serves as a resource person to the General Education RTI Team and/or IEP Team(s).
10. Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community.
11. Participates in in-service training programs as scheduled.
12. Maintains safe working environment and encourages colleagues to be safety minded in the performance of all school-related duties.
13. Performs other such duties / assignments as directed by the principal or certified staff.
14. Assists as directed by certified staff in the effort to successfully maintain students with special needs, including students with Autism Spectrum Disorder, in an integrated setting, as determined by the IEP Team.
15. Effectively collects, documents, and maintains records of students as assigned.
16. Some lifting required: lift minimum 50 lbs.
17. Knowledge, ability, and willingness to care for students with severe seizures.
18. Physical agility and ability to assist students with motor difficulties and to move quickly enough to handle students with behavior problems.
19. Willingness to clean up bodily fluids.
20. Other duties as assigned.
1. Complete online application
2. Upload a resume and cover letter listing recent employment, educational background and level completed as well as any certifications
This posting may be used to fill multiple openings thoughout the school year
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Location: Greenway, AR
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 22:52:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!