Job title: Special Education Paraprofessional ~ Intensive Support (Multiple Positions)
Company: 27J Schools
- Special Education Paraprofessional ~ Intensive Support (Multiple Positions) JobID: 7157
- Position Type:
School Based Support: Secretary, Para, Custodian/Paraprofessional
- Date Posted:
Brighton High School (9-12)
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Provide direct academic and behavioral support for students with severe disabilities in special education and/or general education classes, including modifications of materials, consultation with teachers, direct instruction, life skills training as well as provide personal care / medical assistance as delegated by the School Nurse. Collect data and maintain student records. Must be able to work with difficult and sometimes physical students.
SALARY: Classified Grade J, $17.33 – $21.38 depending on relevant experience. 7.5 hours per day, Tuesday through Friday, 9 month work schedule, paid over 12 months. Position is eligible for benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct instruction and/or academic support and supervision for students with social/emotional disabilities in accordance with their Individualized Education Plan (IEP) while in special education and general education classrooms and other areas within the school building.
- Provide direct instruction; modify academic materials and/or the classroom environment under direction from the Special Education teacher or other Related Service Providers.
- Identify and facilitate peer relationships and natural supports (assessments).
- Follow through with prescribed behavior intervention plans throughout the school and community and during extra-curricular activities, including monitoring of the lunchroom, playground, or other school areas to ensure safety and security of students.
- Maintain required forms and records as requested by the Special Education Teacher and/or Related Service Providers.
- De-escalate students as needed using approved CPI measures, as well as following the prescribed Behavior Intervention Plan.
- Communicate observations, concerns, activities and progress with the Special Education Teachers and other Therapists or Specialists.
- Assist both Special Education and General Education teachers with minor clerical duties as needed.
- Attend trainings as required by Building Principal, Special Education Teacher, and/or Director of Special Education.
- Attend student staffings as requested by Special Education Teacher and/or Related Services Providers.
- Collaborate with other paraprofessionals and follow direct instruction from special education team.
- Follow daily routines and schedules for individual students to implement consistency
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Behavior Intervention Plans, IEPs, and staff and student handbooks.
- Ability to collect data, write routine reports and simple correspondences.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, including algebra and geometry.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred at time of hire or able to obtain within 2 months of hire.
- Must be able to pass a post offer, pre-employment physical.
- Must be able to pass a Colorado and Federal Bureau of Investigation background check.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with students with social and/or emotional disabilities preferred but not required.
- Skills in crisis management, flexibility, patience and ability to maintain composure under stressful conditions.
- Valid driver’s license is required to obtain a small vehicle permit, if required to transport students.
Please Note: All posted vacancies in the District close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Time.
All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
27J benefit information is found here Note: Certified positions at .8 and greater are benefited. Classified positions of 30 hours and above are benefitted.
The salary schedule for this position can be found here
Information about temporary leave and vacation benefits can be found here
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, 27J Schools does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Job date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 22:52:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!