Job title: Special Education Teacher – High School
Company: Wake County Public Schools
Job description: High School Teaching/Special Education Teacher-General Curriculum
- Date Posted:
Connections Academy MS
- Date Available:
Certified Pay Grade
Coordinates and provides direct instructional programs relating to special education students and their Individual Education Programs (IEPs). Monitors and evaluates programs with students with disabilities, maintains confidentiality, and complies with all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, guidelines, and procedures as they relate to the special education program throughout the district. Maintains an environment conducive to learning.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
? Extensive knowledge of instructional practices and delivery related to specially designed instruction;
? Extensive knowledge of general content curriculum standards and age appropriate developmental expectations;
? Considerable knowledge of state and federal policies and procedures overseeing the services of students with disabilities;
? Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google Apps;
? Critical thinking and problem–solving skills;
? Ability to protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) and other applicable federal and state laws, policies, and regulations;
? Ability to work in a team environment and effectively collaborate with others;
? Ability to motivate students;
? Ability to constantly monitor and supervise the safety and well-being of students;
? Ability to recognize and support students with a variety of backgrounds, abilities, exceptionalities, physical needs, and learning styles;
? Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form using a variety of communication techniques and tools to ensure the appropriate flow of information, collaborative efforts, and feedback;
? Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school system staff, students, parents, businesses, community agencies, and the public.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
? Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college/university.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
? Hold or be eligible for a North Carolina Professional Educator’s License in an Exceptional Children’s teaching area (not including licenses in Academically or Intellectually Gifted);
? Must hold and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license according to the State of NC requirements.
? First Aid and CPR certifications;
? Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI) certification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops IEPs for students with disabilities; implements the IEP; and uses diagnostic information obtained from tests and other assessment procedures to update IEPs, as needed.
2. Implements instructional strategies and progress monitoring tools to provide specially designed instruction.
3. Assists students in completing the curriculum tasks and to complete IEP goals.
4. Employs a variety of teaching methods, strategies, accommodations and modifications to meet student needs; implements these methods and adapts and/or develops materials.
5. Monitors student behavior; maintains discipline in the classroom; deescalates inappropriate behaviors; teaches students appropriate behavioral strategies.
6. Evaluates student’s work and progress of assignments, address or adjust instruction to address any concerns or educational needs of the student, and coordinate progress report grades and report card grades.
7. Attends student’s IEP meetings and serves as a collaborative team member.
8. Stays abreast of trends, research, and best practices for instruction by attending professional development events, utilizing social media, and communicating with other professionals within and outside the district.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Location: North Carolina
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 04:14:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!