Job title: Sr DEI Business Partner, Amazon Transportation Services
Job description: DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a dynamic self-starter to join the DEI team as leader for our transportation businesses. In this role, you will partner with VPs and HR and to design and enable a global DEI strategy by thinking big and bringing innovative, leading edge ideas that propel our DEI work forward with long-term results in mind.
A successful candidate will have experience building effective multi-year DEI strategies, including full lifecycle plans in the areas of recruitment, talent management, learning and engagement. You should understand how these strategies connect with and influence one another. You should have strong project management, written communication, and analytical skills, and ability to influence and partner cross-functionally with both HR and business leaders and teams.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Lead development and execution of the business DEI strategy, in close collaboration with HR, talent management, recruitment, and business partners, to define priorities, goals, and measures of success
- Act as a DEI subject matter expert by contributing perspective, insights, and knowledge, and taking a balanced consultative and systematic approach to enable the organization to achieve measurable results
- Provide leadership coaching, when appropriate, to managers and Directors/VPs via one-to-one and group interactions
- Define key performance indicators by developing metrics for DEI programs and processes, aligned with business and DEI organizational objectives
- Drive DEI goal attainment through program management and defined project plans; manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support
- Scale services and tools by designing mechanisms that scale with the business’ growth in volume, complexity, and global geographic dispersion
- Proactively identify risks/issues, providing solutions, resolving risks/issues, and overcoming hurdles to drive results
- Bring a high energy, results-oriented and resourceful mindset and quickly take control of your responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree or 10 years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years of progressive prior work and experience in leadership roles in Diversity Equity & Inclusion
- Experience building a DEI strategy from the ground up, including design of roadmaps to drive incremental progress towards long-term vision and goals
- Experience with DEI analytics, including how to drive impact in recruitment, talent, and inclusion metrics
- Experience in a client service or customer-facing leadership role, enabling organization to build and execute their DEI plan to achieve measurable results
- Advanced degree preferred
- Deep understanding of societal systems of bias, and ability to apply this knowledge to invent, evolve, improve, and simplify business and HR processes
- Global program management experience preferred
- Experience working in logistics / supply chain industry and/or an operations environment
- Experience enabling DEI strategies for both salaried and hourly populations
- Excellent written, verbal communication, interpersonal skills; high quality document and report preparation
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive them to completion using project/program management tools
- Experience demonstrating high judgment and working with confidential or highly sensitive subject matter
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment requiring strong multi-tasking abilities
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $116,400 – $160,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Expected salary: $116400 – 160000 per year
Location: Los Angeles, CA – San Francisco, CA
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 05:10:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!