Job title: Sr. Director, Global Deal Management Operations
Job description: Company Description
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This position will support the global sales function of our Visa Value Added Services (VAS) organization, which is a 5B+ USB revenue portfolio. You will be part of a high-impact sales & commercial operations team responsible for empowering the next chapter of growth for Visa. The Senior Director Global Deal Management Operations will play a leadership key role in accelerating & scaling this VAS growth by building scalable processes and increasing both team efficiency and operational excellence. This position that will own our contract management function globally and drive continuous process improvement through the implementation and management of standardized systems and effective commercial solutions across VAS. We are looking for a self-starter with exceptional financial acumen, strong operational diligence, and a passion for driving transformation. Our target candidate should ideally be a highly effective communicator with the strong ability to influence senior leadership through analytical reasoning, creativity, and sound judgment. You should be comfortable challenging the status-quo in a sensitive, efficient, and constructive manner. This position will be a United States-based telecommuter reporting to our Global VP and Head of VAS Deal Management.
- Create a scalable and repeatable execution model for VAS Deal Management and own KPI reporting to measure overall team effectiveness & deal performance
- Influence cross-functional teams such Sales, Sales Operations, Pricing Strategy, Deal Management, BI, Revenue Operations, & Legal leadership to adopt standardized client contract management policies, procedures, and supporting tools/technologies
- Identify and bridge material inconsistencies in the global Deal Management and legal resource operating model across VAS business units
- Consult to Legal and lead standardization of contract lifecycle management processes, while ensuring market-centric contract terms align to current business goals
- Partner with VAS Commercial/Business Innovation, Pricing Strategy, & Solutions GTM teams to lead the operationalization of new VAS commercial constructs and capabilities
- Assess and recommend solutions to modernize our integrated contract management, CPQ quoting tool, and client proposal delivery capabilities across multiple business units
- Build and implement strategies for measuring deal performance across VAS, while routinely seeking process improvements to maximize sales productivity & operational scale
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12+ years of relevant work experience in a Sales Strategy/Commercial Operations/Contract Management function, with a Bachelor’s Degree, or at least 10 years of relevant work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD or MD)
- Exceptional leadership, strategic problem-solving skills, and influencing skills-to drive tactical business outcomes within a global matrixed organization
- Consultative/entrepreneurial-mindset, with proven ability leading a high-performing team & driving operational transformation
- Self-starter with experience in cultivating business partnerships at a divisional/executive level, with proven success in linking business strategies to business outcomes
- Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies, and operational decisions
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of financial models, packaging/pricing, and contract management (ideally in an enterprise SaaS/Services technology environment)
- People manager experience with a high personal threshold for navigating ambiguity and building effective solutions that scale
- Low Ego and strong desire to win as a team – pride of outcome mentality vs pride of ownership
- Advanced skills required in CRM (MSFT Dynamics or SFDC), MSFT Excel/Power Point, CPQ, and Tableau.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Location: Austin, TX
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 07:18:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!