Job title: Sr. Engineering Technician – Electrical – Buildings
Company: Larson Design Group
Job description: About Larson Design Group
Larson Design Group (LDG) is an employee-owned (ESOP), Architectural, Engineering, and Surveying Firm. Since our founding in 1986, we’ve been teaming with clients nationwide to provide responsive, innovative solutions by offering an extraordinary depth and breadth of capabilities and embracing sustainable business practices. For more than 30 years, these principles have guided our work and laid the foundation for a robust growth that has elevated our aspirations even higher. From organizations both local and national in scope, we’re being recognized with awards and climbing the ranks of industry lists. We are expanding our footprint across the nation and looking to add more top talent to our team. We have fourteen office locations across Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, Arizona, Oklahoma and Florida. We offer a flexible work environment, competitive benefits package, and continued professional development. Come join the excitement at LDG!
Impact and Opportunity:
The Senior Engineering Technician is a senior-level drafting position with Designer capabilities within the Engineering or Survey disciplines. This position will assist engineers in designing and compiling drawings and permit packages. The Senior Engineering Technician will independently prepare complete simple to complex plan sets and drawings with limited guidance.
- Uses CAD, Revit, Sketch-Up, Photoshop, and other software programs relative to the discipline to develop intermediate to complex, technically accurate, clean, and deliverable drawings.
- Reviews work to ensure accuracy, makes corrections to work from red lines, and backchecks.
- Performs tasks within the assigned work-hour budget.
- Maintains documentation and records of construction activities on projects.
- building surveys and related field work as assigned.
- Processes submittals, contract documentations, RFI’s, meeting minutes, etc. within required time frames and man-hour budgets.
- Possesses knowledge of Codes and Standards applicable to design of projects.
- Prepares files for clients, performs site visits for observation and attends meetings as required.
- Assists with review of shop drawings and working drawing submissions from contractors.
- Assists with simple design calculations, calculates quantities, reviews technical specifications, and prepares cost estimates.
- Promotes, utilizes, and supports quality assurance and quality control processes to improve the quality of deliverables and reduce design errors & omissions.
- Education: Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a Technical discipline preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of four (4) years’ job-related experience
- Must have a strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT, and other software/drafting programs relevant to their discipline (HAP, Sketch-up, Photoshop, etc.), 3D modeling, and/or rendering skills for assigned projects.
- Must be able to understand and manipulate client specific prototypes for given projects.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks in a timely and positive manner.
- Must be open minded, a proven technical problem solver, and willing to learn new methods and technologies.
- Must participate in training opportunities to stay current in industry trends and advance technical abilities and share knowledge with team.
Larson Design Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 22:53:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!