Job title: Sr. Financial Analyst -Global Banking Finance
Company: Bank of America
Job description: Job Description:
Bank of America commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re a culture that:
Believes in responsible growth and has a proven dedication to supporting the communities we serve. Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help people achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience. Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients and customers around the world. Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Group is responsible for the overall financial management of our company. This includes accounting, financial and regulatory reporting, balance sheet management, financial planning and analysis, treasury, investor relations, corporate investments and tax
Global Banking and Markets Finance strives to be a valued business partner to the company’s trading, corporate and institutional banking businesses. Our first priority is to operate a series of key control processes to ensure the integrity of GBAM’s financial results. Then we build on these activities to offer performance insight to business leaders. The assets of Finance are its people.
Business Finance Officers/Control (BFO/BFC) Partners directly with our Front Office LOBs providing strategic guidance and insight; Performs the product control function to ensure the integrity of our financial results
Job Description & Team Overview:
Global Banking Finance provides strategic financial insight and analysis for three of Bank of America’s eight lines of business as well as critical product support to our Credit, Commercial Card, Trade, Transaction & Cash Management solutions offered to corporate and institutional banking clients. The US-based Global Banking Finance covers the following areas with approximately 50 associates located in Charlotte, NC:
- Global Transaction Services (GTS) offers Commercial and Corporate clients Deposit-taking facilities, Payments and Receipts processing, Commercial Cards, Trade Financing and Custody services. GTS is a global business with presence in 59 countries and a rapidly expanding international franchise.
- Enterprise Credit is responsible for delivering end-to-end credit solutions for the bank’s eight lines of business. Teammates partner with our front office lines of business providing strategic guidance and insight.
- Global Banking Coverage supports business executives within the respective LOB’s Leadership team to deliver their strategic goals acting as the CFO for the regions covered. Charlotte houses both Business Banking & Global Commercial Banking coverage teams. Business Banking (BB) is one of BAC’s eight lines of business, and offers strategic advice and integrated financial solutions to US companies with annual revenues of $5 million to $50 million. Global Commercial Banking (GCB) provides treasury, lending, leasing, investment banking, risk management and international subsidiary banking services to middle-market US companies with revenues of $50 million to $2 billion across all major industries.
To be successful, a candidate should be a polished communicator with the ability to collaborate across multiple partners and drive consensus based on feedback acquired. Previous success in business partnering including an ability to influence decision-making based on financial analysis is important. Also critical is the ability to analyze and interpret business strategy and data that can support decisions. The role offers frequent partnering with the line of business, product teams, various Finance teams, Enterprise Capital Management, Risk, etc.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate among key stakeholders and support partners to drive consistent and actionable analysis that can be shared with the line of business and finance leaders.
- Act as a trusted strategic advisor and member of the leadership team for the businesses supported.
- Interpret and present financial results to the business to explain results and identify opportunities.
- Provide support to the team on key metrics and financial indicators such as key balance trending including new origination and utilization trends, and pricing and profitability, capital treatment, etc.
- Provide perspective and key driver input into financial routines such as forecast, quarter-end and management or regulatory routines
- Look for opportunities to drive process improvement and operational excellence across routines
- Bachelor’s degree, in accounting or finance
- 2+ years accounting or financial analysis work experience
- Strong communication, organization, presentation, analytical and leadership skills
- Analytical Abilities / Financial Acumen – Systematic application of a combination of inductive and deductive reasoning to examine information, interpret results and arrive at well-founded logical conclusions.
- Builds Partnerships – Builds broad-based business relationships across the organization. Skillfully influences peers and colleagues to promote and sell ideas. Proactively surfaces and resolves conflict with efficiency.
- Organization and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Strong business acumen
- Advanced excel skills
- Knowledge of Global Banking product suite
- Emerging technology experience (Tableau, Alteryx, SQL)
- Forecast or planning experience
Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: 40
Job date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 23:04:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!