Job title: Sr Manager – HCLS Deal Desk, Healthcare & Life Sciences GtM
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Do you have a passion for the Life Sciences industry and how they discover, manufacture, and market therapies to patients? Are you an expert in how cloud technology can be used to accelerate healthcare transformation? Do you want to help shape the technology that is used by healthcare organizations across the globe and work closely with them to drive innovation across the industry? Do you thrive in a cross-functional environment, working closely with some of the best and brightest in the world?
Join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Healthcare and Life Sciences (HCLS) Industry team to execute on the industry strategy by working backwards and in collaboration with the world’s most innovative companies. Our team focuses on engaging directly with technical leaders, C-level executives and influencers at all levels across the healthcare Life Sciences segment and around the world to support a digitally-enhanced, data-driven healthcare.
As the Sr Manager of our HCLS Deal Desk, you will be part of the HCLS Industry team that shapes and delivers on a global healthcare strategy to help the healthcare ecosystem transform. Your responsibilities will include building and leading a support center (deal desk) that serves AWS Healthcare & Life Sciences Accounts and Customers. You will work closely with the AWS sales leadership in engaging with healthcare organizations to drive their strategic interactions with clients.
You will work with others in the commercial or public sectors and interact at the executive level (CxO/VP). You will think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges and build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. You will lead and drive multiple complex initiatives across technical and non-technical stakeholders to meet business objectives with a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics, a good understanding of industry ecosystems for life sciences, and a passion for helping them transform using cloud technologies.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Sunnyvale, Santa Monica, Seattle)
· 10+ years of relevant work experience in technology-enabled consulting, product management, product marketing, business development, and/or transformation roles in the enterprise across healthcare.
· Industry experience in Payers across one or more of these functional areas: Risk Management, Member and Consumer Experience, Network and Data management, Regulatory, Care Delivery, etc.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
· Intimate knowledge of the healthcare payer value chain and the application of technology to modernize is a plus.
· Passion for cloud technologies – working knowledge and experience in cloud computing, and specifically their application and regulations in healthcare payers.
· Passion for the healthcare industry – good understanding of how the healthcare industry operates and the unique characteristics of the industry ecosystem.
· Client experience and the ability to have peer-to-peer engagements with CxOs.
· Technical knowledge of healthcare payor applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
· Education- an MBA coupled with technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies.
As this role can sit remotely throughout the US:
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $176,100-$238,200/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Expected salary: $176100 – 238200 per year
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 00:19:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!