Job title: Sr Medical Technologist (Microbiology)
Job description: Nemours is seeking a Sr Medical Technologist (Microbiology), Full-Time, to join our Nemours Children’s Health team in Wilmington, Delaware.
Work Schedule: Day Shift with one weekend per month required.
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
From our park-like campus and free parking, to private patient rooms and kid-approved play areas, our Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del., is like no other in the region. We’re considered one of the safest children’s hospitals in the country, with some of the best doctors, nurses and pediatric specialty care available. We also have Delaware’s only pediatric Level 1 Trauma Center.
This position is responsible for coordinating laboratory section activities, usually in concert with a specific laboratory supervisor or administrator. This includes tasks that encompass management of the laboratory section. The Senior Medical Technologist also performs the functions of the Medical Technologist.
- Coordinates daily activities within laboratory section, working with section supervisor or others as assigned. In this function, evaluates staffing, helps design schedules and makes any necessary adjustments based on workload and patient care needs.
- Alerts others as needed to urgent situations in the daily performance of tasks; such situations may include equipment malfunction, inventory problems or quality control problems. Troubleshoots problems as needed reporting to supervisor as soon as possible.
- Reviews section reports or logs as needed or assigned.
- Writes and/or reviews section and other procedures as needed or assigned, following established guidelines and striving for clarity and simplicity.
- Trains laboratory personnel as assigned, following established procedures and guidelines.
- In concert with laboratory supervisor or designee, complies with regulatory guidelines, revising laboratory procedures as necessary and assisting with inspection activities as needed.
- Participates in departmental and hospital programs for Quality Assessment and Improvement, collecting, reviewing and monitoring data as needed, identifying opportunities to improve services, making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of the Nemours Foundation.
- Confers with physicians, nurses and others regarding laboratory issues as needed. Follows up such conversations or meetings as needed and reports information to supervisor or designee.
- Reviews inventory of section lab supplies; orders supplies as appropriate taking into account cost efficiency, test volume and work requirements. Informs supervisor or designee if necessary when supply problems develop that require intervention. Acts to obtain replacement of supplies as needed. Assists laboratory management in evaluation of appropriate supplies to meet quality and budgetary needs.
- Performs other duties as listed in position description of medical technologist, medical laboratory technician, or histotech as appropriate.
- Provides age and developmentally appropriate care to infants, children, adolescents and adults.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B. S. in Medical Technology (B.S.M.T. or equivalent, e.g., HHS examination or ability to meet CLIA qualifications for Moderate complexity laboratory testing) required.
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years experience required.
- Clinical Laboratory technical skills.
Location: Wilmington, DE
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 22:47:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!