Job title: Sr Principal Training & Education Specialist, Arteriovenous Fistula Therapies
Job description: *** The person in this role can live anywhere in the US***
Careers that Change Lives
Help expand patient access to innovative, life-saving therapies! We are looking to hire a highly skilled and passionate Sr Principal Training & Education Specialist who will plan and oversee educational curriculum, content, and programs promoting safe growth and procedural excellence in Arteriovenous Fistula Creation, maintenance, and adjacent therapies. In this role, you will serve as a procedure, therapy, and education subject matter expert, consulting with clinical, R&D, and other cross-functional partners to support clinical trial and commercial launch phases of specified products and indications.
We are looking for an outstanding leader, close collaborator, proven strategic thinker, flawless executer, and committed team player focused on safe patient outcomes and market success. If this sounds like you – apply!
A Day in the Life
In this role you will collaborate with Health Care Professionals (HCPs) and internal business partners in the Clinical Research and Medical Science, Research & Development, Regulatory, Reimbursement, and Marketing functions to:
- Support the successful execution of AV fistula creation post-market clinical trials, including clinical specialist education and training pathway
- Assess training needs/requirements and develop training plans to define required objectives, content, and deliverables.
- Define best methods and tools for delivery of educational content (animations, simulation models, presentations, materials) based on thorough needs assessment and close collaboration with cross-functional team members.
- Design, develop, and execute educational programs/events and oversee hand-off to Medical Education Program Managers for successful global execution. Execute own programs for assigned regions (United States) and customers including 5-6 case-based observational programs per quarter and 1 large didactic program per quarter.
- Collaborate with HCPs and key opinion leaders to identify and refine procedural best practices and integrate into training initiatives to support procedural excellence.
- Develop and/or provide input into required procedural documents (such as guidelines, best practices, processes), patient selection guides, and post-implant care plans to meet safe growth goals and business needs in all global markets.
- Deliver didactic educational content on procedure and serve as a principal spokesperson related to procedural expertise and best practices from an education perspective.
- Critically evaluate procedural outcomes and metrics to identify risks, root causes, and mitigation plans related to patient selection, procedural, and post care outcomes.
- Partner with Quality and other key cross-functional partners to understand any customer comments related to device performance or procedural complications.
- Facilitate meetings with HCPs, consultants, and internal stakeholders to optimize procedural outcomes and best practice development.
- Travel to customers, hospitals, off site meetings, and congresses to stay informed of current procedural techniques and trends.
- Assure all programs align with Medtronic Business Conduct Standards and Compliance.
- Keep abreast of trends, leading developments and technology and implement into education programs as appropriate.
- Represent the business as a key contact with physician advisors and key opinion leaders.
- Cultivate strong relationships with key cross-functional team members.
- Assist in the development and managing of budgets to meet company and business unit objectives.
- Domestic and international travel up to 50% of time
Must Have: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years’ experience in a training, field sales, marketing, clinical or technical role in the medical device industry and/or clinical setting (8 years with Advanced Degree)
- Experience designing and developing education programs for health care professionals
- Clinical understanding of arteriovenous fistula creation, dialysis and AV access maintenance
Nice to Have:
- Masters or other Advanced Degree
- Experience with ultrasound-guided imaging to perform endovascular procedures
- AV fistula creation/maintenance experience, preferably with Medtronic devices
- Experience with adult learning theory, including needs assessment and knowledge transfer, to address medical training and education needs
- Strong experience in team leadership and improving organizational effectiveness
- Understanding of commercial preparations including market development, economic policy/reimbursement, regulatory and clinical, quality issues and opportunities
- Experience launching new therapies / products globally
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
- Posting Date: Jun 14, 2022
- Travel: Yes,
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 02:38:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!