Job title: Sr. Program Mgr – Deal Desk, Americas Deal Desk Professional Services
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Millions of businesses in 150+ countries, from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises, across all industries including public sector, run their operations and applications on AWS. Many of these customers seek help from AWS Professional Services in their transition to a cloud-based IT operating model.
The Americas Deal Desk is looking for a passionate, results oriented and hands-on Sr. Program Manager for our rapidly growing team in Professional Services. Based anywhere in the US, Canada or LatAm, you will partner with leadership across the Americas to own, scope, and deliver improvements within the AWS Professional Services sales motion & contracting workflows. This will require the collection and in depth understanding of business requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving schedules from design to release, and most importantly, operationalizing these growth initiatives in the field community. You will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market and clearly communicate goals/intent, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote teams. You will drive the change management necessary to “land” these initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in large/complex programs within a professional services consulting organization. They must have the ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of a high-growth professional services organization and have the ability to create analytics that give leaders insights into objectives and key results. They must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. In this role they will need to anticipate bottlenecks, anticipate and make trade offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to succeed in this role.
Key job responsibilities
- Influence a cross-functional team to own and drive strategic contracting initiatives for the business
- Analyze complex business problems and be responsible for business requirements and proposed solutions being documented to the highest standard
- Be focused on the here and now of the business, proactively analyze, take ownership, and drive improvement of program/project management and operational processes across functions for better efficiencies and output
- Oversee the change management needs required by the program, in conjunction with supporting teams in field communications, executive communications, training, enablement, and content management
- Develop a roadmap for implementation of enhancements and new features through cross-functional stakeholder influence and change management practices
- Demonstrate strong communication skills (both verbal and written) across all levels of the business
- Manage the KPIs associated with success
- Build and maintain successful partnerships with various cross-functional and cross-geography teams of Amazon, across strategy, operations, program management, functions and segments, project managers, finance, legal, tax and other relevant stakeholders
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Proven experience optimizing the sales motion in a Professional Services business
- Working knowledge of Professional Services Automation (PSA) tools (FinancialForce, OpenAir, etc)
- Experience in agile project management practices
- Experience documenting business requirements and producing regular status reports
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Masters Degree
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 07:28:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!