Job title: Sr. Scientist, Field Applications – Life Science (US REMOTE)
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job description: Job Description
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Our Materials and Structural Analysis business helps customers drive cutting-edge research and discoveries by delivering innovative microscopy, spectroscopy and microanalysis solutions, such as world-class scanning and transmission electron microscopes, DualBeam™ FIB-SEMs, and spectrometers, combined with advanced software suites. We span across the business areas of spectroscopy, visualization software, semiconductor, life sciences, and material sciences, as well as global support functions like commercial sales, service, operations, research and development, advanced technologies and marketing.
Location: Remotely based in the US (except Hawaii and Alaska). There is a 50-75% travel requirement, both domestic and international.
How will you make an impact?
Our Global Solutions Team has one, unified goal – to help our customers be successful in their research. We do this primarily by delivering world-class training and support for our customers with Life Science TEM systems such as the , , , and . In addition, we support our field service, marketing, sales, and R&D teams.
What will you do?
- Foster positive relationships with customers by providing excellent customer service;
- Conduct on site and remote customer training and translate customer needs into workable solutions;
- Facilitate the functional demonstration of newly assembled systems by conducting acceptance tests at the Thermo Fisher Scientific production facility or after installation at customer sites.
- Serve as a life science cryoEM expert;
- Support R&D, product development, marketing, and sales by lending applications expertise.
How will you get here?
- Minimum education requirement is an advanced degree (M.S./Ph.D.) in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Biophysics or Structural Biology
- Minimum of five (5) years of high-end, CryoTEM research experience (academic or industry) with high end, CryoTEM autoloader instruments and/or CryoSEM systems such as the Aquilos.
Position may require Covid-19 vaccination, including a booster and/or routine testing, per client discretion. As a requirement to be onsite at Thermo Fisher Scientific this position requires vaccination status disclosure upon employment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent team player that can also work well independently and remote;
- Strong communication and inter-cultural skills;
- Experience interacting with customers, service engineers, product marketing managers, and R&D.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit .
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Location: Florida – Georgia
Job date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 23:51:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!