Job title: Sr Systems Analyst – Remote US based locations (Eastern or Central time zones) Information Technology
Company: CNO Financial Group
Job description: Description
Position at CNO Financial Group, Inc.
CNO’s IT team is hiring a Sr Systems Analyst to be responsible for collaborating across application domains to elicit and document Business and Functional requirements, defining technical solutions in support of strategic business capabilities and aligning with IT application roadmaps. The Sr. Systems Analyst is expected to have expertise of the Business functions and applications supported by a single application domain/cluster.
As a Sr Systems Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and completing the scoping of medium to large system enhancements or new systems typically supporting up to five (5) business areas
- Provides input and subject matter expertise in support of medium to large projects (typically > $1M). This involves serving as a liaison with business partners/stakeholders to elicit, organize and evaluate business and technical requirements for modifications to existing systems or building new systems including understanding downstream integrations between systems
- Documenting detailed non functional requirements including scalability, capacity, concurrency use, availability, etc. for new and existing systems
- Performing analysis to define requirements related to data feeds, integrations between systems and services, business reporting needs, etc.
- Collaboration with project members to develop specifications, process flow diagrams and flowcharts to major system enhancements and support new product development
- Leading the project intake process to provide input into IT strategy, understand business requirements and translate them into technical artifacts including
- Engagement with a global delivery team to answer questions and help drive implementation of the solution with development teams
- Building and maintaining relationships with key business and IT partners within the organization
- Perform other duties as assigned
The position is well-suited if you have experience in:
- Planning tasks associated with business analysis and the software development lifecycle (waterfall, iterative, Agile)
- Stakeholder Analysis to understand impact of the change and understand their influence and authority levels
- Documentation of detailed system requirements including scalability, capacity, concurrency use for new and existing systems and downstream systems
- Facilitation skills for meeting management, and requirements workshop planning and management
- Gathering actionable business and technical requirements (user stories) that represents stakeholder’s needs, and the ability to answer questions for the development team related to software implementation
- Communicating requirements including the use of presentation skills for a technical and non technical audience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, negotiation, and business skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships within the company and business community.
- Managing requirements to understand the requirements change process and creating requirements traceability matrices.
- Utilizing various modeling techniques such as process modeling, data modeling, system modeling.
- Writing requirements using different approaches such as use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state charts, data dictionaries, class or entity relationship diagrams in an effort to communicate the solution needs to the development team
- Understanding interface analysis through technology infrastructure and interconnects enabling data sharing to achieve a business goal.
- High level knowledge of technology concepts i.e. web-based applications, SQL queries, databases, web browsers, integrations, synchronous and asynchronous communications, CI/CD, DevOps, etc.
- Understanding of middleware technologies for handling data management, messaging, application services and APIs
- Work collaboratively across IT, Infrastructure, Data, Shared Services and Business teams with the goal of “duty to advise” and drive implementation of stakeholder needs
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience as a business/systems analyst, Programmer, Software Engineer, IT consultant, etc.
- Prior experience with requirements definition, stakeholder elicitation techniques and documenting technical requirements including developing technical documentation for the RUN team
- Prior experience working with large global delivery teams supporting and developing mission critical applications and/or system upgrades is required.
- One (1) or more years of Agile delivery experience including relevant certifications (Agile, Scrum, SAFe, etc.).
- Prior knowledge of Insurance industry and/or Policy Administration systems especially Life, Health and Annuity products is preferred.
- Ability to work with a virtual and offshore delivery model
At this time, CNO is not mandating its associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. However, this is an evolving situation, in the future CNO may require its associates to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law.
CNO Financial Group offices were reopened in April 2022 and we have pursued a hybrid working model. Associates who live within a 60-mile radius of a corporate office (Birmingham, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando and Milwaukee) will have access to come into that Office up to 2 days/week, and work from home at least 3 days/week.
CNO provides life and health insurance, annuities, financial services, and workforce benefits solutions through our family of brands and supported by our associates and agents. Our customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates, 8,600 exclusive agents and independent partner agents guide individuals, families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and Teamwork. We have offices in more than 260 communities in the U.S., including our headquarters in Carmel, Indiana, and corporate offices in Birmingham, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando and Milwaukee.
At CNO Financial Group, we’re always looking forward-to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We’re looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We’ll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you’re looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information, visit CNOinc.com.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to
Location: Carmel, IN – Chicago, IL
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 01:48:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!