Job title: Staff Nurse II, Part-Time – Dunn Behavioral Sciences Center/HCPC at UTHealth
Company: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Job description: Join a growing team! With the opening of Dunn Behavioral Sciences Center/HCPC at UTHealth, we will soon have the largest academic psychiatric hospital in the country, serving the region with an 500+ bed facility. Our dedicated health care employees will have the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of mental health specialties and cutting-edge research. With exposure to a variety of specialties such as Acute, Subacute, and Intensive Outpatient, Continuum of Care, Mood Disorders, ECT, Early Onset Treatment , Adult General Psychiatry, Competency Restoration, Child and Adolescent, Juvenile Justice, Geriatric Psychiatry, Treatment Mall and Unit-Based Programming.
This dedicated team will work in an integrated campus to bring world class resources to the community. Apply today to be a part of this committed team serving the mental health needs of the area.
Responsible for assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating a plan of nursing care for patients in an assigned area. May be responsible for the administration of the clinic or unit.
Location: Dunn Behavioral Sciences Center/HCPC at UTHealth
Dept.: BSC Acuity Management
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Assists doctors or dentists in the delivery of quality nursing patient care including routine office, surgical procedures performed under local anesthesia. Interviews new patients, takes blood pressure readings, records vital statistics, and administers drugs and treatments. Sets up equipment; provides instruments needed; and removes, cleans, and sterilizes them after an operation. Removes sutures and changes dressings.
2. Ensures the efficient operation of the clinic or unit by proper scheduling and planning for optimum use of staff and facilities. Schedules operations at hospitals including admissions procedures, use of OR, all x-rays, lab requirements, and special tests for patients. May accompany physicians on rounds. Provides patient education and counseling on issues such as pre-op and post-op care.
3. Makes referrals to other agencies or health care professionals for other services where indicated.
4. Supervises upkeep of patient charts, typing of reports, telephone and appointment scheduling for patient visits and payment collection. Prepares purchase requisitions for new equipment and following up on delivery. Stocks and maintains necessary medical and clerical supplies for clinic. Keeps all equipment in sterile and working order for physicians.
5. May compile daily or monthly reports.
6. May provide direction and supervision to other clinic personnel to ensure that proper procedures are followed. Demonstrates various procedures and techniques to LVNs and other Staff Nurses in order to ensure delivery of proper patient care.
7. Makes decisions based on experience and training as to whether emergency situation exists and responds to emergency situations. May administer CPR and/or other first aid measures.
8. Stays abreast of changes in the nursing field by attending classes and seminars as well as by reading professional journals and papers.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Current state of Texas Registered Nurse licensure. Uses typical office and clinic equipment.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing school with one year nursing experience; OR Associates degree in nursing from an accredited nursing school with three years nursing experience; OR Nursing Diploma (3-year program) and two years nursing experience.
Years of experience varies based on education level.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
If you are looking for a great healthcare career in Houston, visit !
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is Houston’s Health University and Texas’ resource for health care education, innovation, scientific discovery and excellence in patient care. The most comprehensive academic health center in the UT System and the U.S. Gulf Coast region, UTHealth is home to schools of biomedical informatics, biomedical sciences, dentistry, nursing and public health and the John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical School. UTHealth includes The University of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center, as well as the growing clinical practices UT Physicians, UT Dentists and UT Health Services. The university’s primary teaching hospitals are Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital.
UTHealth offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. For more information on our benefits programs please refer to the UTHealth Office of Benefits Website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
UTHealth is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. Reasonable accommodation, based on disability or religious observances, will be considered in accordance with applicable law and UTHealth policy. The University maintains affirmative action programs with respect to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and eligible veterans in accordance with applicable law.
UTHealth has adopted a policy consistent with CMS regulations to protect our patients and university community from exposure to COVID-19. This policy affects all employees, residents, fellows, students, contractors, new hires, visiting scholars program participants, adjunct faculty, and volunteers who work, train, or collaborate at the John S. Dunn Behavioral Science Center.
In addition, all UTHealth employees who are assigned to work at a location that is subject to the affiliated partner’s hospital, clinical offices, or agency are required to abide by UTHealth’s rules and regulations, as well as the affiliate’s rules and regulations, including COVID-19 vaccination and safety requirements.
Location: Dunn, NC
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 23:53:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!