Job title: Staff Nurse, Ortho Skokie
Company: NorthShore University HealthSystem
Job description: Position Highlights:
- Position: Staff Nurse
- Location: 5 East/West, Orthopedic Unit, Skokie Hospital
- Full Time/Part Time: part Time
- Hours: 36 Hours, NOC, Rotating weekends
- Required Travel: N/A
What you will need:
- License: Current professional Nursing Licensure in the State of IL required
- Education: Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing required; BSN strongly preferred
- Certification: BLS/CPR Certification for the Healthcare Provider required
- Experience: Prior nursing or if new graduate nurse, CNA experience preferred
The purpose of this job:
- The purpose of the Staff Nurse/Educator is to provide support at the unit level for onboarding new staff. This individual will serve part time in patient care staffing on a unit and part time as an educator. In the educator role this nurse will orient new staff, serve as a preceptor for an individual or group of staff and students, coach new preceptors.
What you will do:
- Independently provide safe, effective, and compassionate nursing care for a patient population on a specific unit
- Utilize the nursing process in planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient plan of care
- Guide and direct assigned unlicensed assistive personnel in delivering interdisciplinary patient care
- Communicate and collaborate with members of the healthcare team to ensure optimal patient outcomes and continuity of care
- Positively contributing to safety outcomes and promoting high quality patient experience
- Serves as the lead for orientation of new staff on the unit
- Conducts annual learning needs assessment on the unit
- Collaborates with Nursing Education to provide unit based annual competency training and validation
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is an integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a The NorthShore system, headquartered in Evanston, Ill., includes six award-winning hospitals – , , , , and . NorthShore comprises three exemplary physician networks, totaling more than 4,250 doctors across immediate, primary, specialty and complex care; and 170+ office locations and 35+ immediate care centers. NorthShore has an established reputation with more than 17,000 team members system-wide.
NorthShore is committed to excellence in its academic mission and supports teaching and research as the principal teaching affiliate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine.
NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to receive Magnet® designation—the highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient care. The system earned Magnet re-designation in 2019. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
At NorthShore University HealthSystem, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of our mission to support our team members and patients – irrespective of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. We believe that by recognizing and embracing our differences we create an organization that welcomes all to contribute and grow.
We invite all candidates to our team, as we continue to build on the incredible value our diverse talent brings to our organization, our community and our patients.
Please explore our website ( ) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Location: Skokie, IL
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 22:49:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!