Job title: Startup Insights Manager, Startup Product Strategy
Job description: DESCRIPTION
This role can be based out of Arlington (HQ2), Seattle, San Francisco, or New York. Final location flexible with access to a major airport for travel purposes.
Startups are an important customer segment for AWS, and a group who is on the leading edge of implementing new technologies. We are forming a new team to enable startup customers to innovate, experiment and build with AWS technologies. Our mission is to deeply understand startup needs so we can create amazing experiences for them. We’re doing this by applying the principles that made Amazon great; especially Customer Obsession and Think Big. If you have strong customer focus, a drive to uncover insights, and a strong research background, this could be the challenge for you!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and passionate market insights lead to explore the world of startup customers and benchmark the AWS experience. You’ll instill research methodology and best practices to generate deep customer insights, uncover opportunities to better enable startup customer success, and performance over time. You’ll develop methodologies to gather both quantitative and qualitative data from our customers to inform decision making and strategy.
- Drive a comprehensive startup market insights strategy that incorporates data from research, customer feedback, field teams, and VOC mechanisms
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to establish Market Insights success metrics and tools for tracking and developing ongoing program improvement plans to meet relevant business needs
- Work closely with product strategy, design, and customer-facing team members to identify research questions, build a research plan that will answer them, and communicate the insights to shape the future user experience of AWS services.
- Create regular mechanisms to share ongoing industry and customer insights with the broader team and stakeholders
- Leverage reporting tools to generate insights. Analyze data and perform root cause analysis to understand customer behavior and key drivers of satisfaction
- Collect data, draw insights, author and make business and strategic recommendations
- Persuade decision makers at all levels of the organization to take aligned action on research findings – inspire them and help them internalize opportunities to delight customers and differentiate our service.
- Define new channels to capture startup market sentiment in a scalable manner
- Partner with technical business leaders and Product Managers to turn insights into actionable proposals for service or Customer Experience enhancements
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 10+ years proven success leading research or benchmarking initiatives with demonstrated impact.
- 10+ years of experience with research methods including: field research, focus groups, survey design, advisory boards, and data analysis including statistical measures.
- 5+ years experience working in technology startups, cloud computing providers, or equivalent
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Experience developing and/or leading prior market insights initiatives
- Experience working with or in startups
- Experience working in cloud computing
- 15+ years experience in market or UX research
- Experience with predictive analytics and mixed methodology research
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our startup customers.
- Experience with innovation product exploration research for new products and services or significant experience shifts on released products and services.
- User research or other experience from a technical field, such as software development, systems management or similar.
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Arlington, VA
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 07:41:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!