Job title: Startup LOTO Coordinator
Job description: Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel’s government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. This position will provide support to the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) located at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
UPF will be built by 2025 for $6.5 billion and will be a first-of-its-kind complex for enriched uranium operations in support of Y-12 missions. UPF is one of the Department of Energy’s largest investments in Tennessee since the Manhattan Project and one of the National Nuclear Security Administration’s largest construction projects. When complete, UPF will: replace a 70-year-old facility with modern buildings, reduce operational costs and energy consumption, improve worker safety, and provided enriched uranium capabilities well into the future.
UPF works a 5-8 schedule with overtime as needed to support the project’s needs. The standard work week is: Monday – Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. The Shifts will Alternate shifts (Days/Nights, 5x10s, etc.) and significant overtime is expected (up to 50%) in the future.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site. Candidate must complete security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check. All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable.
The primary role of the UPF Startup LOTO Coordinator is to receive and act on requests to isolate hazardous energy from components and/or systems on the UPF Project while ensuring LOTO permits and installations meet program requirements. Additionally, the UPF Startup LOTO Coordinator will coordinate LOTO permits with the tagging authorities. All permits are issued using onsite software (Q4).
Principle responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receiving and acting on requests (LOTOs) for the isolation of hazardous energy.
- Ensuring permits and installations are in compliance with the LOTO program.
- Coordinating with the Construction LOTO Coordinator for all interfacing system LOTO permits.
- Working with UPF Training department to ensure personnel training program for the isolation of hazardous energy is current and complies with UPF program requirements.
- Ordering and maintaining material inventory (Lock Boxes, Locks, Tags, etc.) necessary for the effective implementation of the LOTO program as directed by the UPF Startup Manager, or designee.
- Developing and maintaining documentation of equipment configuration for plant status.
- Providing guidance and directs project personnel on the implementation of the LOTO program.
- Performing other duties as directed in support of project activities.
- Level 1: A recognized degree in engineering or related scientific discipline from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of 6 years of related Startup, Commissioning, or Operational experience, 4 years of which involved direct 29 CFR 1910.147 LOTO program experience or in lieu of a degree a High School Diploma or GED plus a minimum of 12 years of related Startup, Commissioning, or Operational experience, 4 years of which involved direct 29 CFR 1910.147 LOTO program experience.
- Level 2: A recognized degree in engineering or related scientific discipline from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of 9 years of related Startup, Commissioning, or Operational experience, 4 years of which involved direct 29 CFR 1910.147 LOTO program experience or in lieu of a degree a High School Diploma or GED plus a minimum of 15 years of related Startup, Commissioning, or Operational experience, 4 years of which involved direct 29 CFR 1910.147 LOTO program experience.
- This role requires a facility-specific clearance that requires U.S. Citizenship to obtain.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain site security badge for access to work site.
- Must be able to interact professionally with project personnel on a frequent and extensive basis.
- In-depth knowledge in the area of hazardous energy isolation per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.147.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, and design criteria.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous DOE and / or DOD experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in utilizing Control of Work Software.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 06:55:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!