Job title: Startups Strategy Analyst
Job description: DESCRIPTION
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented and driven people of all backgrounds. Amazon Web Services (AWS), a global leader in cloud computing, enables customers of all sizes and industries to run their applications on Amazon’s industry-leading cloud computing infrastructure. Within the AWS customer base, startups serve as an important segment for AWS, and a customer group who is on the leading edge of implementing new technologies. We are seeking a world-class Strategy Analyst to drive and own a variety of initiatives focused on optimizing our go-to-market approach with startups. This is an opportunity to play a key role in delighting some of the most innovative companies in the world.
About the Role
The Worldwide Startups Strategy team, in collaboration with our cross functional counterparts, develops and executes the global go-to-market strategy for startups at AWS. The team is responsible for maintaining a high level of awareness of global trends in technology, startups, and venture capital and using that intelligence to assist the AWS Startups organization in its approach to working with our startup customers – all in an environment of rapid growth and ever-increasing complexity. In this role, you will work with globally distributed startup teams across finance, operations, sales, and others to increase our understanding of the startup customer journey, through collection of best practices and technical data analysis, and determine how to apply these learnings at scale into our existing GTM Model (comprised of elements such as customer segmentation and headcount allocation). The focus of initiatives you’ll drive may span topics such as sales coverage, total addressable market analysis, customer definition and segmentation, and other projects in support of our GTM model and investment strategy. You will responsible for building in-depth analyses to assess and support all changes to the model and/or model inputs. In this role, you will also partner with operational counterparts to ensure GTM Model updates are executed through scalable mechanisms that can evolve over time. This may include providing input into strategic programs, processes and tooling as needed, as well as helping to define metrics. Lastly, you may also be asked to work on other GTM-related projects across the broader AWS Startups business in support of our overarching GTM strategy.
Who are we looking for?
You must know how startups operate and understand the stages of a startup’s life-cycle. A strong passion for startups is highly desired. You must be willing to roll-up your sleeves and work directly with teammates in the field and the data and tools used to enable those resources, all while exhibiting high degrees of ownership and accountability. You will have experience working with large data sets and technical/analytical tools as well as direct experience working with customers in the field in a sales/BD capacity. You will need high levels of business judgement and possess the ability to see around corners and anticipate issues before they arise. You will be asked to operate effectively in an ambiguous environment and must have a demonstrated track record of managing multiple concurrent projects and driving them to completion. Because the person in this role will influence team members worldwide, you will also need to be highly collaborative and able to influence without authority while also being able to work with significant autonomy. You must work well with teams of stakeholders and colleagues, including sales leadership, operations managers, BD managers, technical managers, marketing managers, as well as Finance, HR and legal specialists. Lastly, you should have experience managing complex global programs/projects in support of sales functions in large, multi-national organizations, particularly in tech.
Key job responsibilities
- Own end to end development of strategic organizational change initiatives with a specific focus on the underlying analysis and justification. Partnering with operational counterparts to drive implementation of key strategies.
- Drive program objectives – provide program management and define project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support.
- Communicate new/updated programs, policies, and processes to leaders, employees, and cross functional organizations.
- Manages significantly complex and important initiatives that resolve critical and/or endemic challenges to the AWS business. Identifies risks/opportunities in strategies and/or org structure(s). Effectively force multiplies where possible and applicable.
- Develop communication for stakeholders at various levels and out to the WW Commercial Organization
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Startup industry experience
- At least 4-8 years’ experience in a role in Operations, Analytics, Finance, or other related fields
- Proven experience with the development and implementation of programs focused on sales strategy and/or sales planning
- Expert level in Excel, SQL and visualization tools and experience with sales software tools such as CRMs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Experience working in Strategy, Analytics, Operations or Finance within a high-growth company is a plus
- Experience managing complex global programs/projects in support of sales functions in large, multi-national organizations, particularly in tech, is preferred
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
- Preferred locations are Seattle, San Francisco, and New York but remote locations will be considered
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Seattle, WA
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 05:02:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!