Job title: STEPS Information Technology Support Specialist
Company: University of Kentucky
Job description: Strong analytical skills, commitment to teamwork, ability to work independently, ability to receive direction and feedback, attention to detail.
Sitting for long periods of time.
Monday – Friday; 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
The STEPS Information Technology Support Specialist is tasked with day-to-day IT operations under the leadership of KTC IT, as well as basic research, data collection, and analysis on various research projects. Will work with senior research staff to develop technical deliverables as well as grant proposals; will also be responsible for formatting reports and assisting senior staff with editorial work. Will perform desktop setup, troubleshooting, and other IT needs. Will work on the KTC website using WordPress or other online tools. Will participate in the project and KTC staff meetings. Will engage in professional development activities – such as attending meetings or conferences pertaining to their research area in order to build methodological skill sets.
- Provide desktop support and interact frequently with a large group of staff in both Microsoft and Apple desktop platforms.
- Write and edit content on WordPress Content Management platform. May need to find and
- install site plug-ins, edit the WordPress theme, work with DIVI, edit basic PHP files, or configure HTML and CSS (these skills may be learned on the job, but basic HTML experience is preferred.)
- Synthesize background knowledge for deliverables.
- Produce summary figures, tables, and graphics for inclusion in completed reports.
- Format documents to meet client needs.
- Assist senior staff with content management and editorial work.
- Perform research-oriented tasks for senior staff in the areas of highway transportation safety.
- Help work with data, file databases, and correspondence related to projects.
- Attend monthly KTC staff meetings.
- Execute basic tasks related to project delivery.
- Submit data requests to stakeholders.
- Document processes related to project objective.
- Conduct basic analytical work under the direction of senior staff. Working knowledge of SQL Server preferred but not required.
The University of Kentucky considers the health, safety and well-being of our entire community to be a top priority. In alignment with this priority, all new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment. For areas that fall under the federal CMS mandate, start of employment cannot occur until two weeks after receiving the full COVID-19 vaccination series or upon obtaining an approved exemption. Only vaccines approved by the World Health Organization can be accepted.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent and timely communicator in person and online
- Experience troubleshooting Windows and Mac
- Strong skills in Microsoft and Adobe Software
- Ability to learn new software as needed
- Ability to read and copy edit research reports
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and other programs used for report formatting.
- Strong writing skills, excellent organizational skills, and ability to work under time constraints.
- Strong analytical skills, commitment to teamwork, ability to work independently, ability to receive direction and feedback, attention to detail.
- Customer service oriented, treating IT needs as a service with respect and patience.
- Willingness to learn and expand knowledge by attending meetings, symposiums, and online webinars to improve subject area expertise. Enhance skill sets through external training, ability to receive knowledge from colleagues, implement newly acquired knowledge to improve research outcomes.
- Ability to interact and work with researchers from a variety of backgrounds, willingness to follow standardized procedures.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No
Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent and timely communicator in person and online
Experience troubleshooting Windows and Mac. Strong skills in Microsoft and Adobe Software Ability to learn new software as needed. Ability to read and copy edit research reports
Location: Lexington, KY
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 05:58:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!