Job title: Stocker
Company: WinCo Foods
Job description: Job Summary
Maintains and replenishes stock in a safe and efficient manner to meet customer purchasing needs. Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains the quality condition of all products; stocks, rotates, and faces product; discards outdated and spoiled products and maintains stockroom.
- Orders products, cuts cases, stacks, prices and marks merchandise.
- Builds product displays and operates related equipment such as hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Maintains a safe, secure and sanitary work environment.
- Assists customers with questions.
- Performs occasional checking duties with an emphasis on providing friendly, courteous, customer service.
- Cuts boxes in a precise manner and places small containers on shelves.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers.
Work varied hours between day shifts and stocking overnight in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
Ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities. * Conduct visual inspection of merchandise being placed on shelves.
- Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 30 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally, within the range of floor level to overhead.
- Push and pull hand trucks and pallet jacks containing product of substantial weight.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Perform repetitious work accurately and with mental alertness.
- Perform basic math (add subtract, multiply and divide).
- Learn and memorize location of products, check stand and keyboard procedures, company policies, PLU codes, inventory control merchandising, and shipping and receiving procedures.
- Exhibit manual dexterity and good hand/eye coordination to move freight.
- Work in varying weather conditions for performance of outdoor duties.
- Work with potential hazards with respect to equipment, tools and work aides.
- Work in freezer and cooler.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Manual dexterity for placement of small items on hooks, on shelves, etc.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Pallet jacks, hand truck, garbage and card board compactor.
- Electronic fork lift as needed.
- Box Knife
For minors hired, hours may differ as well as machines and equipment operated.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel so classified may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity—from our variety of perspectives and wide range of experiences—is essential to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Location: Oregon City, OR
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 04:34:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!