Job title: Strategy & Analysis Consultant – Technology Innovation & Management Group
Job description: Job Description:
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit .
The Technology Innovation & Management (TIM) group within Guidehouse’s Energy, Sustainability, and Infrastructure (ES&I) practice, provides technical and market analysis, research, and strategic planning and analysis support related to emerging energy efficient and low-carbon building technologies, policies, and initiatives for the public sector. The TIM strategy and analysis team supports DOE offices, NGOs, and state/regional energy organizations in strategic planning, research and development roadmaps, stakeholder engagement, federal accelerators, technology deployment and scaling programs, decarbonization pathways and analysis, and other policy analysis, data collection/modeling, and research projects related to energy efficient and emerging low-carbon building technologies.
As a Consultant in our TIM strategy and analysis team, you will support the evaluation, investigation, and analysis of emerging technologies and market transformation strategies that can improve the overall efficiency and decarbonization of buildings. Other Consultant project work may include market and technology assessments, data analysis and modeling, and in-depth literature review. The responsibilities of this Consultant staff level position include cultivating and maintaining working partnerships with a diverse set of stakeholders, including government agencies, national laboratories, industry representatives, manufacturers, non-profit organizations, and efficiency advocates.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Providing detailed fact finding, research, and analysis on energy-related activities
- Assessing technologies and analyzing technology trends
- Conducting market research and analyzing market trends
- Performing statistical analyses and model development; data collection; spreadsheet creation and management
- Planning and conducting stakeholder workshops and stakeholder interviews
- Designing strategic planning frameworks and assisting with planning processes and plan development
- Preparing reports, spreadsheet, presentations, and other deliverables for client
We encourage career development and hiring for the long term. As a Consultant, you will follow a clearly defined career path and continue to deepen your specialized industry knowledge and consulting skills. As you develop project management skills and leadership abilities, you will have the opportunity to progress to the Senior Consultant level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Economics, or a technical energy related discipline
- Ability to commence working full time within 2-4 weeks
- 0-3 years of directly related working experience
- Ability to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Capable of regularly using close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare, analyze and transmit data accordingly
- Ability to work in an office environment
- No Sponsorship available for this position
- Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated at time of hire.
- Internships, Co-ops, or fellowships related to any of the following: energy efficiency, sustainability, utilities, public policy, or building construction or renovation
- Strong interest in energy efficiency, decarbonization strategies and technologies, sustainability and/or advanced building technologies and/or relevant experience in these fields
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and independent work style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- High degree of self-confidence and determination
- Highly developed organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive priorities without diminished effectiveness
- Ability to quickly research and learn about new technologies and topics
- Demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and slide presentation software
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- This position is open to candidate virtually from Washington DC, Burlington-MA, New York-New York
- Due to our contractual requirements, the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creatin
g a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 06:43:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!