Job title: Student Activities and Services Professional II
Company: University of Arizona
Job description: Student Activities and Services Professional II
Posting Number req10464
Department Student Programs
Department Website Link
Location Main Campus
Address Tucson, AZ USA
Position Highlights The Senior Coordinator of Leadership and Educational Initiatives (Student Activities and Services Professional II) exists to accelerate progress in the Arizona fraternity/sorority community through transformational leadership and educational experiences. This position will plan, execute, and assess programs that help students gain deeper self-awareness, build self-confidence, and develop new skills. Additionally, the person in this role will create meaningful and purpose-driven curriculum and programming around race and racism, LGBTQ+ awareness and support, and mental health. The Senior Coordinator supervises a graduate and undergraduate staff member, teaches a for-credit class, and serves in the on-call rotation. This position reports to the Assistant Director for Fraternity & Sorority Programs.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please .
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Assistant Dean/Director for Fraternity and Sorority Programs in providing leadership to the Fraternity and Sorority Programs area and guidance and support to the fraternity and sorority community.
- Responsible for the development and execution of the departmentâs The Olympian: A Health & Wellness Initiative, The Aristotle: Academic Support Initiative, and the Global Citizenship & Human Dignity initiative.
- Teaches for-credit course: ANGLE.
- Ensure programs under the Leadership Development Experience take place.
- Develop and execute GREAT Greek Weekend.
- Facilitate other programs that enhance organizational success and promote leadership development.
- Implement Greek Speak.
- Ensure student participation in nationally recognized programs, such as AFLV West, NBGLC, UIFI, NCORE, and LeaderShape.
- Supervise a Graduate Assistant.
- Supervise an Undergraduate Student Worker.
- Assist with student organization conduct investigations.
- Give presentations related to fraternity and sorority life for various campus constituencies.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with related campus departments including the University of Arizona Police.
- Department, Think Tank, Health Promotions, and Residence Life.
- Serve as a resource to parents of fraternity and sorority members.
- Serve in the Fraternity & Sorority Programs on-call rotation for the UA Hazing Hotline and provides emergency secondary support for the Dean On-Call for any fraternity/sorority-related issues during non-business hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Related duties as assigned or required to meet Fraternity and Sorority Programs, Dean of Students Office, and University of Arizona goals and objectives.
- Masterâs Degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Personnel Administration, or a directly related field AND one year professional or two years of graduate work or equivalent experience in Fraternity and Sorority life.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Experience with national fraternity and sorority policies and procedures, and national trends in fraternity and sororities including legal issues, programming, and national councils.
- Experience working with culturally based fraternities and sororities and National Pan-Hellenic Council chapters.
- Experience producing and publishing materials, both print and web-based.
- Experience with large formal Panhellenic and Interfraternity Council recruitment processes.
- Budget management experience.
- Crisis response and on call experience.
- Experience in assessment, research, and program evaluation.
Full Time/Part Time Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week 40
Job FTE 1.0
Work Calendar Fiscal
Job Category Student Services
Benefits Eligible Yes – Full Benefits
Rate of Pay DOE
Compensation Type salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level PC2
Job Family Student Activities & Engage
Job Function Student Services
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies 1
Target Hire Date 6/27/2022
Expected End Date
Contact Information for Candidates Marcos Guzman
Open Date 6/8/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Documents Needed to Apply Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Diversity Statement At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 23:48:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!