Job title: Supervisor, Formulation Manufacturing
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job description: Job Description
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
Supervises operations employees (e.g., manufacturing, filling, granulation, compression/encapsulation, inspection and/or packaging staff) of high-quality pharmaceutical products according to schedule, cost and quality standards, while maintaining employee engagement, safety performance, and ensuring adherence to all regulatory control and documentation procedures.
What will you do?
- Provides leadership to assigned staff by performing the following: leading organizational change; developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Supervises employees in day to day operations by spending at least 50% of available time interfacing with employees to ensure that every product unit is of high quality and exceeds all the Company’s current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Ensures that the production schedule is met by distributing workload in accordance with changing priorities.
- Ensures production operations are properly controlled and regulatory compliance requirements are met by ensuring batch documentation is accurate, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are accurate, training is current, critical documentation templates are accurate, equipment is in good repair and current calibration, and high standards of housekeeping are maintained in all areas of responsibility.
- Evaluates/solves operation problems by reviewing the area of concern, developing potential solutions, technically evaluating or testing the solutions, and preparing summary reports/recommendations for management.
- Assures compliance with all applicable regulations by proactively interpreting regulatory and compliance requirements, establishing and maintaining systems.
- Prepares performance reviews for all employees and evaluates personnel performance according to the performance management process. Provides feedback for continuous improvement. Holds staff accountable and applies discipline process as required. Assists in hiring staff as needed. Maintains a work environment with fosters teamwork and supports the company’s continuous improvement process.
- Provides training and/or opportunities for career development of staff.
- Shift/Hours: 2/2/3 schedule rotation, Work 2 days, off 2 days, work 3 days, off 2 days, etc.) hours from 6pm-6am
How will you get here?
- HS Diploma required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or other STEM-related programs, preferred
- 2+ years of technical and/or manufacturing experience
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience in quality, technical and mechanical skills
Equivalency: Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge in GMP’s and FDA regulations
- Strong decision-making skills
- Technical and operational knowledge of aseptic processing operations
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure, able to multi-task and is results-oriented
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public, including tact to handle sensitive matters
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead professional staff in order to achieve goals, evaluate and resolve complex technical problems.
- Ability to motivate, energize, and retain key staff by direct interactions with supervisors and staff
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one global team of 100,000 colleagues, we share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement – working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Manufacturing & Production, Operations, Quality, Regulatory
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Location: North Carolina
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 01:51:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!