Job title: Supervisor I, Manufacturing
Company: B. Braun
Job description: You’re an important part of our future. Hopefully, we’re also a part of your future! At B. Braun, we protect and improve the health of people worldwide. You support this vision, bringing expertise and sharing innovation, efficiency and sustainability as values. That’s why we would like to keep developing our company with you. Keeping your future in mind, we’re making a joint contribution to health care worldwide, with trust, transparency and appreciation. That’s Sharing Expertise.
Supervisor I, Manufacturing
Reference Code US-UUSSP1-71922
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap ® and CAPS ® .
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise ® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com .
Duties and responsibilities
- Position Summary:
- Coordinates the day-to-day activities of a team of production workers to ensure that manufacturing operations
- run according to established production specifications and schedules, volume, cost and wastage targets or
- quality standards.
- Monitors the volume and quality of output and adjust tasks, timing, equipment set-up or inputs so that
- production specifications are met and resources are used efficiently.
- Supervises staff to ensure that all production tasks are performed and all machines and equipment operated
- Trains new workers in the organization’s operating procedures and standards.
- Responsible for shift safety, training and continuous improvement activities.
- Prepares production reports so that performance problems can be identified and resolved.
- Responsible for personnel actions including (but not limited to) hiring, performance management and termination.
- The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- It shall be the duty of every employee while at work to take reasonable care for safety and health of himself/herself and other persons.
- Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in professional field.
- Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of action.
- Provides direct or supervision to a group of employees, assigning tasks and checking work at frequent intervals.
- Accountabilities include work and people scheduling, performance management and recommendations for hiring decisions.
- Judgement is required in resolving all day-to-day problems
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers.
- Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
- Expertise: Qualifications – Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-04 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
What we offer
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Location: Irvine, CA
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 04:40:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!