Job title: Surgery Scheduler
Company: United Surgical Partners International
Job description: Job ID: 32500 Date posted: 07/14/2022 Location: Fort Worth, Texas Facility: USPI
Save Job Remove Saved Job
Under the direction of the Business Office Manager, is responsible for daily maintenance of the surgery schedule and all aspects of the scheduling process. This includes strategizing and problem solving and ensuring high levels of customer service with scheduling coordinators from all doctors” offices and Operating Room Staff.
Successful candidate will possess outstanding leadership, communication and customer service skills as well as the ability to diffuse difficult scheduling conflicts efficiently with strategy. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate previous successful/positive customer service encounters or programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets priorities and organizes work
- Schedules patient procedures to ensure efficient and accurate processing of information. This includes procedures in the operating room, GI lab, and arrangements for 23-hour stay.
- Coordinates with anesthesia groups to confirm scheduling for coverage.
- Accurately uses procedure codes to ensure proper billing.
- Verifies information being entered into system is correct, i.e. spelling of name, DOB, gender, insurance information, etc.
- Ensuring all necessary paper work for any patient -add on” is received by the appropriate staff.
- Communicates changes to schedule to appropriate staff
- Ensures all required fields in Advantx are completed
- Works closely with OR director to avoid equipment or supply conflicts.
- Alerts administration when new doctors or procedures are scheduled.
- Cross trains with other areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completes consents and ensures accuracy before submitting to the chart builder.
- Promote positive relationships with scheduling coordinators, physicians and nursing staff members throughout the scheduling process.
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off and life insurance.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
– Minimum 2-4 years of hospital or medical office experience required.
– Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
– Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
– Show a genuine desire to work and improve the hospital as a whole.
– Professional appearance.
– Strong medical terminology.
– Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâs or employeeâs race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Save Job Remove Saved Job
Sign up for Job Alerts
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, we’ll keep you up to date with job openings and more. Select a category or location of interest below and click the add button.
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 01:38:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!