Job title: Systems Admin | Columbus, OH
Job description: Job Description Please note: this is a direct-hire, hybrid position- candidates must be local to the Columbus area.
- Monitors daily systems and services to meet dependability, security, and reliability requirements- this includes after hours on-call coverage for 24/7 IS operation.
- Participates in the implementation of the local/wide area networks.
- Monitors and maintains all network equipment and hardware, including switches, routers, hubs, and UPSs.
- Troubleshoots network access problems.
- Performs network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Sets up, configures, and adds servers.
- Administers and maintains end user accounts, permissions, and access level
- Works with corporate leaders and staff, IS staff, and vendors to research, evaluate, and implement new products, standards, and processes.
- Manages project work plan development and activities related to IS system security or infrastructure design, development, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- Takes part in the IS Master Project Development Plan by identifying new projects and improvements for all HR, administrative, Foundation, and financial operations.
Customer Relations and Service Delivery
- Works with corporate leaders and staff, IS staff, and vendors to scope system security, service requirements, and implementations.
- Develops, coordinates, or facilitates technology communication and change management plans to communicate updates, maintenance schedules, risks, or other key updates to staff and vendors.
- Conducts regular status change control meetings with project teams and stakeholders.
- Coordinates between IS departments during times of implementations and other projects.
Quality, Compliance, and Risk Management
- Ensures compliance by completing backup and security procedures.
- Works with IS staff tobreduce network system down time or other issues.
- Performs server and security audits.
- Engages in quality assurance following implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), and/or Security+ certification desired.
- 5 years experience as a Windows systems administrator required.
- Technical knowledge of network and server operating systems, including Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, SQL Server 2014/2017 required.
- Experience with network and log monitoring technologies required.
- Experience with Cloud based phone systems desired.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center preferred.
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, and HP switching, routing, and security appliances desired.
- PowerShell scripting desired.
- Experience in direct end user support for diverse customer groups preferred.
- IT Healthcare experience desired.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and the internet required.
Location: Columbus, OH
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 22:07:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!