Job title: Systems Analysis Consultant – REMOTE from any US based location in central or eastern time zones Information Technology
Company: CNO Financial Group
Job description: Description
Position at CNO Financial Group, Inc.
CNO’s IT team is hiring a Systems Analysis Consultant to be responsible for collaborating across application clusters and domains to elicit and document Business and Functional requirements, defining technical solutions in support of strategic business capabilities and aligned with IT application roadmaps. Systems Analysis Consultant is expected to have a full competency of the Business functions and applications supported by a single application cluster.
As a Systems Analysis Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and completing the scoping of large, complex requests
- Understanding the strategic direction of the domain and align functional solutions to achieve that direction
- Works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, organize, evaluate and validate requirements for changes to systems especially integration points between systems.
- Documents detailed system requirements including scalability, capacity, concurrency use for new and existing systems and downstream systems.
- Performs hands-on activities to develop, tune, maintain, and support nightly processing, reporting, and query capabilities to ensure a high availability of key platforms or systems
- Collaborates with project members to develop and model specifications, process flow diagrams and flowcharts.
- Serves as a primary consultant on systems serving large and complex projects. Recommends new system functionality and typically leads upgrade planning; performs major system enhancements and supports new product development
- Design and articulate solutions for identified Business and Technical Requirements
- Build and maintain relationships with key business and IT partners within the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Systems Analysis Consultant position is well-suited for you if you have experience in:
- Planning tasks associated with business analysis and the software development lifecycle (waterfall, iterative, Agile).
- Stakeholder Analysis to identify the stakeholders who will be impacted by the change and understand their influence and authority levels.
- Documentation of detailed system requirements including scalability, capacity, concurrency use for new and existing systems and downstream systems.
- Facilitation skills for meeting management, and requirements workshop planning and management.
- Adept at gathering information at the right level of detail and scope that represents stakeholder’s needs, and the ability to answer questions for the development team related to software implementation.
- Communicating requirements including the use of presentation skills and the ability to create a requirements package.
- Organizational analysis to identify current capabilities and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, negotiation, and business skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships within the company and business community.
- Managing requirements to understand the requirements change process and creating requirements traceability matrices.
- Utilizing various modeling techniques such as process modeling, data modeling, system modeling.
- Writing requirements using different approaches such as use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state charts, data dictionaries, class or entity relationship diagrams in an effort to communicate the solution needs to the development team
- Understanding interface analysis through technology infrastructure and interconnects enabling data sharing to achieve a business goal.
- Knowledge of technology concepts ie. applications, databases, browsers, API, synchronous and asynchronous communications, CI/CD, DevOps, etc.
- Knowledge of architecture standards, design patterns, web-based applications, integrations, data interchange formats like JSON, XML, etc.
- Understanding of middleware technologies for handling data management, messaging, application services and API management.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across IT, Infrastructure, Data, Shared Services and Business teams.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of five years of related work experience as a business/systems analyst, Programmer, Software Engineer, IT consultant, etc.
- Strong experience with requirements definition and elicitation techniques.
- Prior experience working with large global delivery teams supporting and developing mission critical applications is required.
- Two (2) or more years of Agile delivery experience including relevant certifications (Agile, Scrum, SAFe, etc.).
- Prior knowledge of Insurance industry and/or Policy Administration systems especially Life, Health and Annuity products is preferred.
- Ability to work with a virtual and offshore delivery model
At this time, CNO is not mandating its associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. However, this is an evolving situation, in the future CNO may require its associates to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law.
CNO Financial Group offices are reopening in April 2022 and we will be pursuing a hybrid working model. Associates who live within a 60-mile radius of a corporate office (Birmingham, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando and Milwaukee) will have access to come into that Office up to 2 days/week, and work from home at least 3 days/week.
CNO provides life and health insurance, annuities, financial services, and workforce benefits solutions through our family of brands and supported by our associates and agents. Our customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates, 8,600 exclusive agents and independent partner agents guide individuals, families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and Teamwork. We have offices in more than 260 communities in the U.S., including our headquarters in Carmel, Indiana, and corporate offices in Birmingham, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando and Milwaukee.
At CNO Financial Group, we’re always looking forward-to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We’re looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We’ll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you’re looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information, visit CNOinc.com.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to
Location: Carmel, IN – Chicago, IL
Job date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 23:52:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!