Job title: Talent Partner, Engineering and Gaming
Job description: Our Talent Partners (TP’s) are the primary partners providing guidance, coaching, and advice to first-line managers (leaders of smaller scope teams and orgs) and individual contributors. They act as the frontline consultant to people managers and individual contributors to support talent management practices within the team (onboarding, performance management, development, team health, culture). A key area of focus for the Talent Partner is to increase manager capability, enabling them to be more self-sufficient, driving manager education on important people programs, tools, and processes. TP’s collaborate with multiple HR Business Partners to ensure a collective Talent strategy that encompasses the major areas in which the org can grow and scale, while strongly reflecting the Netflix culture and optimizing organization health.
This role will start with collaborating with an HR Business Partner in Engineering supporting a ~330 people organization for 4-6 months, and will eventually transition to partnering with Netflix’s rapidly growing Gaming division in a permanent capacity.
- Accelerate impact of new managers through 30/60/90 day check-ins
- Engagement with managers on employee onboarding plans
- Partner with Learning and Organization Development (L/OD) on Talent program facilitation and execution, for example, 360’s, comp. review or company-wide talent programs.
- Conduct exit interviews for departing employees and gather insights on themes
- Collaborate with L/OD team on talent development plan for the function/location aligned with the Talent strategy
- Guide managers with career conversations, development plans/career growth plans and other development initiatives
- Guide managers on ‘talent density’ and ‘keepers test’ concepts to ensure high-performing teams
- Uses employee experience data to increase leadership and overall team effectiveness
- Triage inquiries and connect questions to the appropriate subject matter expert/team when necessary (e.g. Talent Experience and Operations (TEO), Talent Acquisition (TA), etc.)
- Collaboration with TEO specialists, Employee Services Generalists & stakeholders (Benefits, Mobility etc.) to create a proactive approach towards employee experience based on both the global and regional Talent strategies
- Collaboration with Workplace team on projects which require input of Talent team
Data integrity and reporting
- Periodic check on Workday org structure integrity (e.g. reporting lines, job profiles for accuracy in data analysis)
- Understand re-org/team structure changes and coordinate with TEO and HRBPs on data updates (ad-hoc or mass upload)
- Manage reporting and analysis that’s specialized to the needs in-country
- Analyze data and observations across the organization around promotions, hiring, exits, highlighting trends and recommending/driving solutions, as appropriate
Execution of Talent annual programs (360 Feedback, Comp review)
- Provide advice, guidance, and manage questions for Talent Programs
- Partner with HRBPs in the education of these programs through facilitated sessions or coaching at the individual/team level.
- Partner with HRBPs on additional, custom designed office-wide / function-wide Talent programs e.g. Culture Connect, [email protected], Inclusive Leadership, Comp, 360 Feedback, etc.
Complex case management/leaves of absence/health and safety
- Take the lead, partnering with ER team, on facilitation of employee/ER matters (e.g. terminations & exits, long term disability, LOAs,
- Point of contact for health referrals and wellbeing support (e.g. non Occupational Health Management and overall health and safety matters)
- Represent as local HR in Health & Safety taskforce and/or Employee Health & Safety (EHS) committees
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in Human Resources or related field.
- Min. 3-5 years of relevant Human Resources experience
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, high judgment, critical thinking and analysis
- Strong communication skills; excellent spoken and written English
- Drives recommendations and prioritization
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Project management and execution skills
- Coaching and consulting skills
- Possesses intellectual curiosity; brings insight into the team & business
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 01:55:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!