Job title: Tax Director USA-Technicolor Creative Studios-NY, USA
Job description: Company Description
Technicolor, formerly known as Thomson or Thomson Multimedia, is a French company specializing in the design and manufacture of video and digital image systems intended for media professionals, such as film producers and television channels, but also operators. networks and other content distributors.
Technicolor offers award-winning Visual Effects (“VFX”), Animation and Post Production services for feature films, episodic series, advertising, video games and other audiovisual content. The Group’s VFX studios offer pre-visualization, asset creation, texturing, animation, rigging, rotoscoping, lighting, match move and compositing.
Technicolor’s Animation businesses offer solutions for the creation of high-quality Computer Generated Imagery (“CGI” or “CG”) Animation. Through its Post Production Services activities, Technicolor supports its clients from camera capture on the production set through creation of final distribution masters, including on-set services, color correction, and VFX integration.
Technicolor is segmented in three businesses:
· Production Services, Technicolor has worldwide leadership in visual effects for films and episodic work and is the n°1 provider to Hollywood studios and streamers.
· Connected Home, Technicolor is a global leader in Broadband and Android TV, and a trusted partner to the leaders of the industry, such as Comcast and Charter.
· DVD Services, Technicolor is by far the largest player, with around 70% market share worldwide and 90% in North America.
· There is also a division covering the licensing activities.
The Group employs 17,000 people globally and generated over €3 billion in revenues in 2020 (from €3,8 billion pre-Covid).
Technicolor is listed on the Euronext exchange in Paris under TCH and is traded in the USA on the OTCQX marketplace under TCLRY.
In 2020 Technicolor had to face the challenges of addressing the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, and to adapt quickly to ensure the continuity of its operations. The rapid and efficient implementation of remote working, especially in Production Services, was key to achieving this result.
The Group simultaneously delivered a major transformation programme, which significantly reduced operating expenses and preserved cashflow. In addition, they successfully executed a comprehensive financial restructuring plan, providing a much stronger platform for the long-term sustainability of the Group
Reporting to the Group EVP Tax in Paris HQ, the Tax Director USA will manage the tax affairs of the Technicolor Creative Studios Group in the USA, together with associated controls; business partnering with multiple stakeholders and continuous finance transformation projects.
You will be supported by a local team of tax professionals reporting to you, as well as finance and Global Business Services (GBS) teams, who are responsible for the execution of our end-to-end transactional processes.
The role interacts daily with colleagues across European, Asian, and North American territories.
· Lead US direct and indirect tax reporting, policies, methods, and planning to ensure compliance with tax regulations and filing requirements and filing deadlines.
· Manage tax preparer and tax advisor relationships for US Federal, State and Local tax returns, sales and use taxes and property taxes and identify opportunities to improve delivery of their tax services.
· Manage and review preparation of tax provision into Group accounts and interact with Group external auditors.
· Actively pursue opportunities to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of tax processes through data and flow analysis, implementation of technology and innovative thinking, in full collaboration with other finance processes
· Manage external tax advisors in area of responsibility.
· Advise and partner with global businesses and group corporate functions to provide recommendations, efficient solutions and integrated implementation plans.
· Support the EVP Tax and Tax Functional initiatives as well as other regions for international activities with US domestic impacts.
· Monitor and understand changes in U.S. tax legislation, rulings and litigation to recommend and implement action to manage risk to existing tax positions and capture opportunities, in line with Group Tax strategy.
· Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in taxation and CPA preferred. 12-15Y of tax experience with a combination of Big Four and in-house tax practice for a global international company.
· Strong and demonstrated experience of US Federal, State and Local, sales and use and property tax as well as Transfer Pricing and M&A transactions.
· Ability to build key relationships across the organization and to present technical matters in a way that is meaningful to the audience and non-tax professionals.
· Highly motivated, participative team player with strong interpersonal skills.
· Experience of international groups and non-US headquarters.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Results oriented self-starter able to look for practical solutions and drive
· Successful history of executing on strategic and operational initiatives.
· Understanding and experience of Consolidation tools and IFRS standards.
· Appetite for technology and new solutions.
Organizational and time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadline
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 22:42:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!