Job title: Teacher, Family & Consumer Science (FACS) – MC2216
Company: Kent School District
Job description: This is a 1.0 FTE (7.5hrs/9mo) at Mill Creek Middle School.
Mill Creek Middle School, located in the heart of the Kent valley, serves a diverse population of approximately 850 students in the 7th and 8th grades. The campus offers a wide range of academic and extra-curricular activities in a state-of-the-art, technology-rich facility. Rigorous instruction is provided at all levels of the curriculum. English Language Learners and special education students receive needed support services. We have a one-to-one technology environment where every student has a laptop, providing anytime, anywhere learning. The Mill Creek staff is an outstanding group of professionals who strive to meet the unique needs of our students and their families.
ASSIGNMENT: Teaching family and consumers science to middle school students; grades 7 and 8. This assignment may involve working with students individually, in small groups, or entire classes.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is part of the KEA bargaining unit.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: * Appropriate Washington State certification and endorsements required and must be on file prior to beginning work
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: * ELL endorsement
- Able to work cooperatively with a team of teachers
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Must maintain positive learning environment and have ability to relate to all students, parents and colleagues
- Candidate should be knowledgeable of differing student learning styles and cooperative learning and teaching students of varying abilities
- Excellent management skills
- Willing to share professional skills with other staff members
- Excellent technology skills and can use and incorporate computers/technology into curriculum
- Strong background in curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Experience working with middle school level students
- Ability to exhibit multicultural and ethnic understanding and sensitivity with the ability to communicate effectively with all cultural groups in the school community
- Experience working with a diverse student population and the specific school demographics
- The willingness or qualifications of an applicant to coach or supervise activities and/or sports in addition to his/her teaching responsibilities will be considered.
- Desired teacher characteristics are: flexibility; ability to organize ideas, time and materials to accomplish goals; enthusiasm; ability to express ideas clearly and understand concepts being discussed; ability to learn new ideas and skills; ability and willingness to develop favorable relationships with students; knowledge of current approaches to teaching; and willingness to model behavior deemed appropriate by the school district and the community.
Job Title : Teacher, Family & Consumer Science (FACS) – MC2216
Primary Location : Mill Creek Middle School
Salary Range : District Salary Schedule and DOE and Education / Per Year
Shift Type : Full-Time
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 23:34:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!