Job title: Technical Program Manager, Data Center Refactors
Job description: Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with two or more of the following: server hardware and software, network hardware and software, data center infrastructure and operations, and/or mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience with program management and process improvements.
- Experience with technical project management in information technology engineering or computing deployments and experience in data center server hall layout.
- Experience reviewing drawings and working with Revit or AutoCAD in data center projects.
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure in multiple areas (e.g., Information Technology/telecom, architectural, electrical, mechanical, structural, and operations).
- Ability to balance changing priorities to ensure projects stay on schedule.
- Excellent organization skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You’re equally comfortable explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As part of our team, you will manage multi-disciplinary projects, coordinate with internal customers, and support projects through their entire lifecycle.
Refactor project scope is to retrofit legacy computing clusters in Google’s fleet and install computing clusters which have networking and server hardware. In this role, you will manage Google data center capacity and constraints (e.g., power, space, cooling, operations and network). You will develop project requirements, create and manage physical infrastructure layouts, develop design standards, evaluate the deployment impact and feasibility of technologies, review design drawings, specifications, and construction documents, manage project schedules and workflows, resolve technical issues, review construction submittals, and respond to contractor Request For Informations (RFIs).
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop project requirements and to evaluate the deployment impact and feasibility of technologies. Manage relationships between cross-functional teams.
- Manage the project throughout its lifecycle (conceptual design through cluster turn-up) and support the delivery of projects to address infrastructure needs and meet timeline constraints in data center deployments.
- Grow the program by identifying and executing on business process improvements and developing tools for infrastructure planning and delivery.
- Work with internal stakeholders on the project goals, timeline required, unique constraints, risk identification and mitigation. Put together working teams to assess deployment issues, develop a plan, and estimate the effort required to resolve the issue.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Job date: Fri, 27 May 2022 07:12:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!