Job title: Technician – Manufacturing Engineering – Materials & Process
Company: GKN Aerospace
Job description: About Us
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 12 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Manufacturing Engineering Tech – CMM Programmer (ME Technician) in the Engines business line is responsible for delivering manufacturing engineering solutions to the Operations organization. ME Tech’s develop, introduce and sustain these solutions to enable and deliver Zero Defect Manufacturing processes during the serial production phase of the product Life Cycle. ME Tech’s provide the review, planning and production support necessary to create and maintain manufacturing build documentation that will insure all deliverables are in full conformance with the customer’s requirements and GKN’s engineering, procedures and specification requirements.
- ME Tech candidate must have previous experience with the following: CMM operation and CMM programming using PCDIMS software. Must have strong ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings.
- Candidate should have solid understanding of ASME Y14.5 GD&T symbols, rules, definitions, requirements, defaults, and recommended practices for stating and interpreting engineering drawings.
- ME Tech candidate should be familiar with calipers, micrometers, surface profilometers, gage blocks, pin gages
- Responsible for introducing technical improvement initiatives for MRO operations related to Aerospace Fan Blade or Fan Disk engine components.
- ME Tech candidate must be familiar with general shop safety practices, and should be familiar with creating and updating shop travelers, work instructions, operation sheets, tool orders, BOM’s and change management documents.
- Responsible for design input of tooling and or production planning, from original concept through to production. ME Tech’s support / design these processes with a high degree of process capability utilizing the GKN standard Zero Defect Manufacturing (ZDM) tool suite.
- ME Tech’s deliver measurable, metrics driven results in line with Operational goals.
- Utilize root cause analysis, preventative and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Manufacturing) is preferred, or 5+ years of CMM Programming experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to perform work subject to ITAR/EAR regulations and/or program
Preferred Qualifications / Prior Experience:
- GKN Experience
- Previous Fan Blade, Fan Disk or Aircraft Engine component repair experience.
- Process implementation of Shot Peen, Eddy Current Inspection, Etch/Cleaning of Titanium alloys, EB Weld, FPI
- Automation integration, programming or implementation of robotic systems for Aerospace
- Working knowledge of quality system models such as ISO9000, AS9100, or D1-9000
- Demonstrated experience with AS-9145 Zero Defect Manufacturing
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical process control (SPC)
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: El Cajon, CA
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 03:04:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!