Job title: Technician Science & Technology (Laboratory Technician)
Job description: Job Description
1 purpose! Novartis expands its early development and innovative CAR-T cell therapy capabilities for making personalized medicine accessible to more patients in need. Our therapies are being developed as transformative treatments with life-saving potential for various hematological malignancies and other oncological diseases. We look to be bold with purpose, as we reimagine medicine and lead the way in advancing scientific breakthroughs for patients.
Under general direction, perform bioanalytical testing and other activities in functions supporting the Bioanalytics department.
Sunday – Wednesday / 9am – 7pm (Shift differential offered)
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that the laboratory equipment is cleaned/sanitized and kept in an orderly manner
- Maintains sufficient inventory of materials and supplies for the laboratory
- Use Procure-to-Pay (P2P) to issue purchase orders and manage invoices
- Manages and maintains sample inventory
- Peer review and archive analytical data in lab documentation systems.
- Monthly review of laboratory logbooks and monthly laboratory cleaning..
- Manage reagent and equipment inventory for assigned areas of responsibilities
- Ensures cleanliness of laboratory working areas
- Perform daily equipment startup and shutdown
- Support OOS/OOE/OOT and deviation investigations.
- Follows GxP quality policies and procedures.
- Draft presentations as required
- Ensures all assigned training is completed within required time frame.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Participate in deviation investigation/CAPA implementation in a timely manner
- Support 5S and Lean projects.
- Interface with regulatory agencies during audits.
- Knowledge of LabWare LIMS and/or other QC data systems.
- Knowledge of appropriate GMP/GLP quality systems (eSOPs, TEDI, etc).
- Plan and schedule activities.
Vaccine Policy: While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected].
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Associate’s degree in science, Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, or relevant field preferred.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, biologics, microbiology, sterile manufacture, or medical device industry, ideally in a QC laboratory setting preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of the concepts of cGxP
- Understanding of bioassay test methods (Elisa, Flow cytometry, qPCR, cell culture).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Experienced in the use of computer based systems and applications
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Research & Development
Global Drug Development
TECHNICAL R & D GDD
Location: East Hanover, NJ
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 01:28:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!