Job title: Telecommunication Engineer
Job description: RK&K is hiring Telecommunication Engineer to join our team in the Washington-Metropolitan Area! As a Telecommunication Engineer, you will perform systems inspection/field engineering duties on transit projects in the area. This individual will work closely with the RK&K project management team, customer project management staff, other stakeholders, and personnel on a consistent basis. Come join our team!
- Perform inspection/field engineering on systems including, but no limited to; communications systems and infrastructure, CCTV, Security and Access Control Systems, PA, LED Signs, power systems, and other IT infrastructures
- Oversee and document the field installations and maintenance operations that the contractor performs
- Multi-task management of project assignments
- Work independently with limited daily oversight
- Interface effectively with project personnel and management
Required Experience and Education
- A minimum of ten years of communications or related engineering experience with at least two of the ten years in the transit industry
- Must have previous field experience
- Must have OSHA 10 Hour certification or the ability to complete the class and attain the certificate
- Knowledge of industry standard installation practices and methods
- General knowledge of telecommunication networks, LAN/WAN, grounding, bonding, conduits, and camera installation
- Working knowledge of MS Windows, spreadsheet, and electronic document control systems
- Must be able to complete Railroad Worker Protective class certification
Preferred Experience and Education
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Engineering or in a related field
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
With 30 offices from Pennsylvania to Florida and ranked 61st on ENR’s 2021 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms, our design and construction management firm specializes in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technical solutions to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,400 employees as a professional, RK&K has received extensive recognition for its exceptional and unique workplace culture.
This job operates in a professional office and field environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May lift or move banker boxes, paper, books, and office equipment up to twenty-five pounds.
We proudly offer an attractive salary package commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, tuition reimbursement, company health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances as well as a 401-k plan with company matching.
RK&K maintains a drug-free workplace. Employees of RK&K are prohibited from engaging in the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana.
RK&K is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Fairfax, VA
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 23:18:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!