Job title: Telecommunications Attendant
Company: Nuvance Health
Job description: Job Description:
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York.
Purpose: The Telecommunications Attendant will provide all customers with caring and personalized service when responding to all in-coming and out-going calls and messages. Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, family members, visitors and medical center personnel as defined in the philosophy of Health-Quest and its Affiliates. Telecommunications Attendants works to create a helpful, positive first impression of the organization, and to maintain an appropriate environment.
1. Operates multi-position console and other communication systems to process calls and ensures accurate and timely hospital communications are facilitated.
2. Represents the hospital in a positive manner by displaying a caring and courteous attitude to all persons.
3. Answer all calls in a prompt and professional manner, exhibiting proper customer service skills at all times, using the approved greeting “Good morning (afternoon/evening) Northern Dutchess Hospital / Sharon Hospital. This is (name) How may I help you?”
4. Handles emergency procedures in a calm and timely manner. Uses the paging and announcement systems appropriately. Demonstrate high sense of urgency when communicating with departments and physicians. Answer emergency code calls within 2 rings.
5. Maintains the privacy and confidentiality of all patients and guests.
6. Direct calls to the correct department and individual. Utilize the provided web-based system when directing calls to a patient room.
7. Ensures department logs are up to date and accurate.
8. Maintain and Model REACH Values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor).
9. Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
10. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
· Minimum of 12 months of direct customer service experience.
· Prefer: General knowledge of a telecommunications switchboard or call center experience
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Work Type: Full-Time, Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: DAY 8.5 , Work Shift: Must be available Sunday-Thursday 7a-4p Holidays a must
Org Unit: 1795
Department: Information Security
EOE, including disability/vet
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 05:26:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!