Job title: Telecommunications Equipment Operator
Company: NORTH SLOPE TELECOM INC
Job description: Now Hiring Telecommunications Equipment Operators for 2022!
Alaska is connected! North Pacific Telecom is committed to supporting the internet, wireless, and telephone needs of small and large communities across Alaska through installation and upgrades to telecommunications systems. We are currently hiring 4 full time seasonal Telecommunications Equipment Operators in preparation for our 2022 construction season. Seasonal positions begin as soon as June 1 and are expected to last through late September. We anticipate some of these positions may become regular full-time roles by the end of the season.
In this role, your experience and leadership skills will be valued! As a Telecommunications Equipment Operator, you will lead a project team to include two or more Construction Laborers, whether in town in Anchorage/Wasilla or in the villages in remote Alaska. Come join a team where your individual strengths and skills are respected!
In this role, you’ll:
- play a critical role in meeting our high safety standards to keep you and your coworkers safe,
- have an opportunity to learn and grow your telecommunications skills and knowledge and leadership abilities,
- be provided clear instruction for individual projects,
- be a part of a learning organization in which you can grow into other Telecommunications roles, and
- contribute as a collaborative leader, running the project from your seat in the excavator until you’re needed in the trench or to provide support to aerial lineman.
You’ll prepare work sites by:
- operating smaller excavators around utilities and in tight spaces, and other equipment for construction and cleanup,
- leading the project team, to include working shoulder to shoulder with your crew of Construction Laborers as needed, and
- understanding the project plan, accurately reading blueprints, and communicating with team members to ensure safe, efficient operations.
Project locations may be:
- based in or around Anchorage and Wasilla areas, allowing local staff to go home every night, on a five-day week work as schedule permits, or
- special projects in remote villages working a rotational schedule, where you will be provided housing, which may range from bunking in shared spaces such as schools or community centers to designated crew houses and work 10-to-12-hour shifts, seven days a week; COVID-19 Vaccination may be required for remote village projects.
We’re looking for these aptitudes for success:
- Commitment to conduct yourself safely at all times, ensure a safe work area for others, and complete required trainings
- Attitude of excellence – no job is too small, and just good enough is not good enough
- Integrity, honesty, and ethical principals
- Commitment to the success of the team, to include being willing to give and receive constructive feedback and help each other learn
- Ready and willing to work hard every day at any task requested
- Physically fit with daily endurance and follow-through
- Basic understanding of construction tools & how to use them
- Flexible availability to work OT, evenings and weekends during the peak summer season
- CDL is a plus
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years verifiable experience in Anchorage metro area with backhoe/excavator and trenching around multiple utilities
Successful candidates MUST:
- Be a resident of Alaska by the date of hire, able to work out of Anchorage and Wasilla areas (no relocation assistance available, no crew housing available in South Central Alaska)
- Be 18 or older
- Possess active valid Driver’s License
- Have a satisfactory Driving Record
- Pass a pre-employment DOT drug & alcohol screening with on-going program participation.
- Pass fitness testing (aka Fit for Duty).
- Pass Background Check screening spanning the last seven (7) years.
- Provide own cold weather apparel including boots, gloves, coats, bibs, hats, facemask
Some remote village assignments require:
- Ability to fulfill rotational assignments by travel within state of Alaska
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 to travel for remote village projects where required
- Competitive pay: Minimum $24 per hour for those who meet minimum requirements
- NPT Ball Cap
- Safety hard hats
- Safety glasses
- Cutting gloves
- Safety vest
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must often independently lift and/or move small or large objects up to 50 pounds, occasionally up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Apply Online Today!
Daily Hours will be 10-12 hours per day for all projects.
Weekly schedule will vary – five or more days a week – for projects in the Anchorage/Wasilla area, allowing local staff to go home every night. No crew housing is available in Anchorage/Wasilla/South Central Alaska projects.
Special projects in remote villages will work a rotational schedule, typically seven days a week, and will be provided housing which may range from bunking in shared spaces such as schools or community centers to designated crew houses.
Full-time Hours at least 40 per week, regular OT opportunities.
Location: Anchorage, AK
Job date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 07:32:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!