Job title: Telecommunications Ground Hand / Laborer
Company: LS Networks
Job description: If you’re a motivated, talented individual looking to join a growing company that has a commitment to improving our communities and encourages fresh ideas, while providing a great work/life balance, LS Networks is for you! LS Networks is a rapidly expanding provider of high-speed internet services, founded in the Portland area, with a mission of bringing our lightning speed services to rural, underserviced areas. We are searching for a skilled, driven individuals to add to our swiftly growing company and we are looking for a full-time entry level Telecommunications Ground Hand in Redmond, OR. A Ground Hand with LS Networks is an Apprentice Fiber Optic Lineworker working with a Journeyman as a hands-on trainee and assistant.
Applicants with experience are welcome to apply with compensation determination relative to job knowledge and expertise. An experienced Journeyman may fall outside of the advertised compensation range.
Compensation for a Ground Hand/Lineworker Trainee is in the $17.00 – $19.00 per hour starting range.
Essential Job Functions
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, bend, assemble and erect all components necessary for lifting, moving and installing plant materials in accordance with the applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards.
- Build aerial plant to customer specifications to include: framing poles, placing new strand, lashing new cable to bare strand, over lashing cable to existing strand and cable. Installing anchors and down guys, snow shoes, placing FST fiber terminals, grounding & bonding of strand, placement of riser guards, trimming trees, pulling of cable/fiber short distances in conduit, installing pole mounted cabinets, placing ground rods and installing VGR’s on poles, swapping lashers on poles either from a bucket truck or from hooks/ladders.
- Dismantles, moves, and removes aerial, underground or building wire, cable associated equipment and hardware.
- Connects wires and cables to terminals and attaches/detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, building, or poles.
- Reports all accidents and near misses to supervisor.
- Repairs and maintains major cable/fiber system and structures such as broken lashing, replacing or re-sagging aerial strand, pole transfers, down-guys, aerial to underground conversion, make ready, VGR’s and all grounding and bonding functions as per NESC, & NEC code.
- Deploying and removing various traffic control devices that protect the work area while on a street or roadway.
- Bolt systems or equipment into place, using hand or power tools.
- Participate, adhere to and support all safety related policies, processes and programs.
- Operates power equipment such as compressors, pumps, blowers, hydraulic diggers, and hydraulic aerial bucket trucks
- Perform all other actions necessary to accomplish the foregoing principal duties and accountabilities. This may require working in other crafts at levels appropriate to training and skills as requested by project supervisor.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested by supervisor.
- On call rotation responding and restoring services for emergency calls, responsible for being on the job at short notice to repair damaged cables until service is restored.
- Proficient with construction equipment and hand tools.
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds)
- Ability to lift and move up to 100 pounds
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs and climbing belt as needed
- Ability to drive company vehicles (bucket truck) in a safe and responsible manner and operate hydraulic aerial lifts
- Ability to perform job from high places (i.e. poles and roofs)
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to interact effectively with other team members.
- Basic understanding of Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must be able to work independently without supervision
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, with a satisfactory driving record required
- Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat
- Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the day or night
- Work performed near power lines and electricity
- Work and travel in inclement weather
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year previous laborer, lineman or similar craft/construction helper experience
- Complete medical & dental coverage starting at 90% employer paid premiums for single coverage.
- Our safe harbor 401(k) plan is available to employees on day 1, and includes a 100% fully vested employer match of up to 4% of your compensation.
- LS Networks encourages staff members to pursue ongoing education and gain industry certifications by offering tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- 8 paid holidays, flexible “Take What You Need” PTO and paid family leave.
- LS Networks employees can also take advantage of local employee store passes, local sporting event tickets and much more!
This position is in the field
About LS Networks
Join a growing telecommunications company that is redefining the data network industry. Headquartered in downtown Portland, Oregon, LS Networks was founded in 2005 by a conglomerate of rural utility companies. LS Networks offers individuals the opportunity to advance their careers with job security unknown to most tech start-ups, but an autonomy and dynamism that more established companies and government agencies lack.
We are constantly seeking enthusiastic and innovative professionals to join the LS Networks team. Our Staff is comprised of individuals who enjoy thinking independently and collaborating with peers to deliver superior network services. We value dedicated professionals who strive to create excellent customer experiences and believe in our company’s mission to bring high-speed broadband and network reliability to traditionally underserved communities throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Expected salary: $17 – 19 per hour
Location: Redmond, OR
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 04:50:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!