Job title: Telecommunications Operator
Company: Galveston County
Job description: Description
- This position receives emergency calls from the public and dispatches appropriate emergency personnel.
- Receives, evaluates, prioritizes and initiates responses to requests for information and services, including emergency services.
- Accesses, retrieves, disseminate, and protect confidential law enforcement related data from a variety of protected local, state and federal databases.
- Enters critical and confidential law enforcement data into TCIC and NCIC databases as well as perform related duties.
- Assists in the maintenance of the communications center and report regularly for work and be on time.
- Must be able to work under adverse conditions and during unusual hours including nights, weekends, holidays and scheduled/unscheduled overtime.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain TCOLE Telecommunicator License, TCIC and NCIC certifications.
- Speak, read, and write the English language in a clear and understandable fashion
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license
- Knowledge of computers and job related software programs and minimum intermediate data entry typing skills
- Pass a background review and interviews
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work.
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent.
Interested parties should submit, no later than the APPLICATION DEADLINE, a letter of intent or E-mail detailing their interest and qualifications along with their full name, contact address and phone number to:
Deputy Damian Aguilera
Recruiting and Training Division
Phone: (409) 763-7594
Expected salary: $47715.2 – 63230.68 per year
Location: Galveston, TX
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 22:32:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!