Job title: Telecommunications Program Analyst
Job description: Description
Conexon is a rapidly growing company working with Rural Electric Cooperatives to build advanced fiber to the home (FTTH) networks nationwide.
This position will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of programs that help ensure people living in rural areas that are underserved from a telecommunications perspective get the broadband internet and voice services they need for work, school, healthcare, and more. This position will research, analyze, and assist with implementation of various government support and benefit programs, such as the Rural Development Opportunity Fund (RDOF), E-rate (schools and libraries), Lifeline, and the Affordable Connectivity Program. This position will make recommendations to improve and streamline program administrative functions and business processes via systems, tools, training, etc. In addition, this position will engage with rural electric co-op partners to facilitate their fiber network deployment and on-going business operations.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
1. Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
2. Conduct research, compile/analyze data, identify trends, and prepare reports.
3. Determine and assess new program requirements and make recommendations regarding implementation.
4. Analyze existing programs, policies, procedures, and systems and make recommendations to optimize them.
5. Draft new or revised policies and procedures.
6. Assist with the development of educational and training materials to effectively communicate program requirements.
7. Identify and resolve issues and problems.
8. Track critical operational schedules and metrics and develop tools to efficiently communicate program deliverables, deadlines, and performance.
9. Track completion of tasks that are pre-requisite for launch of Broadband and VoIP services.
10. Work effectively with internal and external stakeholders to provide timely and accurate information, guidance and support.
11. Develop proficiency in the use of various federal and state systems and tools that are critical to program implementation.
12. Diligently track Program/Project status and prepare recurring status reports for Manager/Director
13. Collaborate with co-op partners to launch Broadband and VoIP services and manage on-going operations.
14. Support development of grant proposals to secure federal/state funding for broadband network deployment
- Bachelor’s degree in business, telecommunications, or related field, or 6+ years of equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Telecommunications or legal experience a plus
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English proficiently
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, in a clear and straightforward manner, with all levels of organization
- Ability to comprehend complex Programs and Regulations and summarize pertinent requirements.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Strong proficiency with use of a personal computer and software applications (i.e., Microsoft Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook / SharePoint)
- Knowledge of federal and state Broadband and VoIP regulations and programs a plus
- Knowledge of Broadband and Voice telecom products and services
- Demonstrated ability to perform research and synthesize for management
- ·Normal office conditions, some irregular hours may be required. Majority of time spent on the computer and phone.
Company Benefits Include:
- Paid time off
- Full benefits (i.e. health, dental, and vision)
- Life insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Work from home flexibility
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job date: Thu, 26 May 2022 04:15:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!